JLR making the Jaguar brand all electric

lancpudn:

AndieHyde:
What no one seems to realize when discussing electric cars for the masses and their implementation into society regarding infrastructure.and lthe ogistics of charging Ect.

You won’t be getting one.

This saviour technology isn’t for the likes of you, it is the reserve of rich and powerful, you know the ones that have convinced you of the great reset that have seen most of you out of jobs and slowly loosing your power so when they eventually turn off the oil and gas which basically means food. You wont offer much resistance.

Are you waking up yet??

This is what they have in store for the Hoi Polloi :open_mouth: especially with the government considering limiting petrol & diesel sales prior to 2030 fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ad-of-2030

Translates as part of the surrender terms to Communism.
It’s obviously implying these people should be forced to use the bus and to live in the city.There’s no place for freeom of choice here comrade.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
I always wondered how they got round the problem of finding the petrol and new engine oil and a new oil filter, let alone anything else, for the Olds 442 in the Demolition Man movie.:

I bet you’re a barrel of laughs at the cinema :smiley:

Nope just the sad realisation for a car enthusiast that there would be no way of keeping that thing in running condition in that nightmare world and now here we are. :frowning:

switchlogic:

Juddian:
The great reset eh, millions of plebs, believers in the west’s version of Pravda (almost all of the mainstream media) are convinced a Utopia is waiting at the end of this tunnel, 2030.

Only in your head. Meanwhile here in the real world no one believes we are heading to a utopia, ever, let alone in 9 years. :unamused:

But then you’re obviously in denial about agenda 30.It’s all about control and the useful idiots see a highly regulated subservient collective as their ‘idea’ of utopia.
You seem to have missed out on any history education or you prefer the Marxist version.

switchlogic:

AndieHyde:
What no one seems to realize when discussing electric cars for the masses and their implementation into society regarding infrastructure.and lthe ogistics of charging Ect.

This saviour technology isn’t for the likes of you, it is the reserve of rich and powerful, you know the ones that have convinced you of the great reset that have seen most of you out of jobs and slowly loosing your power so when they eventually turn off the oil and gas which basically means food. You wont offer much resistance.

Are you waking up yet??

I’ll let my friend who’s just got an electric Corsa know. I’m sure he’ll be happy to find out he’s now rich and powerful

Which is all very well during this beta testing phase whilst the development costs are shared amongst the plebs, I am sure your friend will still be enjoying there experience when the electricity grid is shut down from overload or perhaps, nefarious environmentalism of a greater good.

Roads are made of tarmac. A substance made from oil.
Do you believe that the rich and powerful are going to let you wear them out to support your insignificant life?

The compation for resources has been part of life. That compation is only going to become even fiercer now that society has realized those resources are only getting scarcer.

We will leave the modern farming techniques reliance on oil for another day.

lancpudn:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

This is what they have in store for the Hoi Polloi :open_mouth: especially with the government considering limiting petrol & diesel sales prior to 2030 fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ad-of-2030

Exactly this.
Public transportation worked well up until the 60’s when they pulled out most of the railways and urban sprawl turbo charged the economy with the infinite growth model that has been tanking for the last 10 years or so under it’s own insatiable desire for cheap stuff.

I too love the urban lifestyle and freedom of choice it affords, but… it is extremely selfish and wasteful.
Lockdowns have proved how much society can be peeled back and the cost savings that can be gained. Take the transport industry which I will assume some of you can remember.
You get up at some ungodly hour and drive your car to somewhere no where near you live because the house prices and employers paying more across town. You jump into a truck owned by the the banking cartel. For arguments sake you try to get it going 10mpg to the nearest (fiscally not geographically) seaport and pick up a container that has come from the other side of the world filled with crap that will be broken within a year.
Then you join all the other like minded hopefuls on the motorway slow moving carpark to get this essential contribution to humanity to its destination, ultimately paid for by some sort of financial credit plan.

At what point does anyone question, WHY?

Juddian:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

A few of us have been awake for a long time, sadly too few to make much of a difference, what happened in the USA with the election tells anyone listening all they need to know, they are serious about this and they will do absolutely anything to make sure it happens.

The great reset eh, millions of plebs, believers in the west’s version of Pravda (almost all of the mainstream media) are convinced a Utopia is waiting at the end of this tunnel, 2030. When they realise the statement ‘‘you will own nothing and be happy’’ isn’t meant in a joyous way, it is a loud and clear portent for those able to think for themselves.

It has been a while old mate, but I am still here.

Carryfast:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

It will all become clear sooner than the useful idiots realise when they find their gas bills ‘equalised’ with electric ( in the interests of reversing global warming ) and then their gas supply is removed completely and 3p per kwh including 5% VAT, turns into 20p per kwh overnight.
As for being able to afford to fuel an EV at 16p per kwh + Road Fuel Duty + 20% VAT, + battery costs on minimum wage if they’ve even got a job, who are the elites trying to fool here.

There are quite a few energy companies ( have you noticed some oil companies are now calling themselves energy companies) who do a 5p/kwh EV overnight charging rate from 00.00 to 4:30am, works out at 1p/mile, that’s cheap as chips motoring. I’m just about to change over to Octopus Energy as their day rate is also cheaper (14p/kwh) than what I’m paying (16p/kwh). octopus.energy/blog/ev-tariffs/

Petrol & Diesel is set to rise, It’s already risen 5p/litre in January alone. fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-in … month-high

We were sat socially distanced at a Burger King last night when a spectacle lift breakdown van turned up towing something that looked like a Reliant Kitten. In the car was an elderly woman and a dog. After about 20 minutes of faffing around the recovery driver managed to reverse his outfit across the front of two charging machines.

My Wife who is still upset that her latest lease car had to be petrol was screaming. “I am not having a Fzb electric car, look at that”

It was fun watching two clueless people trying to connect this car to a machine, there were green lights, blue lights, no lights, flashing red lights. The last we saw was the recovery driver uncoupling the car and driving off leaving a lone woman and a dog in a car on an industrial estate with a BK drive through, which she couldn’t drive through. :stuck_out_tongue:

Reliant Kitten eh? there’s a name from the past, and what a delightful little car is was at the time, had one in the family, economical fast enough for typical nipping about, light nimble handled quite well and easy peasy to work on due to north south engine and RWD.
In retrospect should have had the chassis shot blasted and galvanised and kept it, worth a few quid now.

Juddian:
Reliant Kitten eh? there’s a name from the past, and what a delightful little car is was at the time, had one in the family, economical fast enough for typical nipping about, light nimble handled quite well and easy peasy to work on due to north south engine and RWD.
In retrospect should have had the chassis shot blasted and galvanised and kept it, worth a few quid now.

‘Had one in the family’ :smiley: Like you’re talking about a doctor or engineer family member

AndieHyde:

switchlogic:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

I’ll let my friend who’s just got an electric Corsa know. I’m sure he’ll be happy to find out he’s now rich and powerful

Which is all very well during this beta testing phase whilst the development costs are shared amongst the plebs, I am sure your friend will still be enjoying there experience when the electricity grid is shut down from overload or perhaps, nefarious environmentalism of a greater good.

I see. So we’ve gone from ‘you won’t be getting one’ to ‘some people will be getting one’. Do at least try and be consistent when coming up with this nonsense

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

AndieHyde:
Are you waking up yet??

It will all become clear sooner than the useful idiots realise when they find their gas bills ‘equalised’ with electric ( in the interests of reversing global warming ) and then their gas supply is removed completely and 3p per kwh including 5% VAT, turns into 20p per kwh overnight.
As for being able to afford to fuel an EV at 16p per kwh + Road Fuel Duty + 20% VAT, + battery costs on minimum wage if they’ve even got a job, who are the elites trying to fool here.

There are quite a few energy companies ( have you noticed some oil companies are now calling themselves energy companies) who do a 5p/kwh EV overnight charging rate from 00.00 to 4:30am, works out at 1p/mile, that’s cheap as chips motoring. I’m just about to change over to Octopus Energy as their day rate is also cheaper (14p/kwh) than what I’m paying (16p/kwh). octopus.energy/blog/ev-tariffs/

Petrol & Diesel is set to rise, It’s already risen 5p/litre in January alone. fleetnews.co.uk/news/car-in … month-high

I’m with Octopus it’s 20p per kwh including VAT which tarrif provides 14p per kwh + VAT.
A loss leader to create a captive EV market who would have thought it.
What happens to that 5p rate when loads more customers all doing the same thing then make it a peak time tariff over night.
Who is paying for the lost road fuel and VAT revenues which as we know makes up more than half of the price of road fuel.
What happens when you need to charge away from home.
So as I said how long before you’ve replaced the 12p per kwh, including road fuel duty and 20% VAT, of petrol, with electric at 16p per kwh + road fuel duty + 20% VAT + batteries.
You do know that batteries have a finite recharge life and the more recharges you do the less that life is.

Im not sold on electric cars.
They are not the answer.

One study suggests that CO2 emissions from electric car production are 59% higher than the level in production of traditional internal combustion engine vehicles (ICEVs).

The greater emissions are largely attributed to the battery manufacturing process, something the EEA suggests could be amended to incorporate increased use of renewable energies.
Most car batteries are made in China, South Korea and Japan, where the use of carbon in electricity production is relatively high.

But thats not the main issue. Its the consumerism that is the issue.
Decades ago a family car meant a car you kept for well over a decade. People did not trade up cars so fast. So, production was never as high.
Now we are in an age in which PCP and finance is fueling car production. Whereas before a car would last you 10-15 years now you only have a car for 3 years after which you are given a new to trade up with.

If we want to cut emissions we need to ban PCP deals. A car has to have a longer shelf life than 3 years. We need to not only produce EV cars but to reduce the amount of cars we are producing.

To put it simply. We need to change the way we live. The issue now is now we are such a consumerist society it is damaging the environment. We need to go back to the times of the 50s-70s. A time when clothes, hardware, vehicles and everything else was not something disposable but something you kept and looked after.

We shouldnt be upgrading Cars, mobile phone every few years. Clothes should have a shelf life of years not weeks. Food should not be sold in ready to eat disposable plastic.

I was born in the 1990s. So, I have only read of the ‘old’ days. But if we want to make signifcant change society and our habits need to change.

switchlogic:

AndieHyde:

switchlogic:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

I see. So we’ve gone from ‘you won’t be getting one’ to ‘some people will be getting one’. Do at least try and be consistent when coming up with this nonsense

That mask seems to be obscuring the end of your nose as you are not demonstating an ability to see past it.
A fundamental change in a system as large as changing over the current fleet from ICE transportation to an electron powered future is going to require massive investment in generating and distributing electricity.
The system is struggling as it is, sorry but this is the first Franglais style cut and paste I found, and a year old.
independent.co.uk/news/uk/h … 37691.html
But I would question how many new power stations and high tension pylons they are building near you.

You really believe that the potential for a uncompromised change from one system to the other CAN & WILL happen?
Even the best criminal has no choice but to obey the Laws of thermodynamics.

There is not enough to go around in the future under current dynamics, so we have to create more, or lower consumption.
Picture yourself a detached billionaire and what would you choose?

Adam i applaud your thinking there, however i suspect you are in a minority among your peers.

Keeping older cars going is easy for old buggers like me, generally my generation started out with knackered old banger often bought with something majorly wrong, and we spent hours trawling scrap yards for parts and dismantled and rebuilt our cars, as the years went by that mechanical know how helped us keep older cars bought cheaply to be as reliable and useful as anything leaving a new car showroom.

Not many in your age group, unless something to do with the car or mechanical trades themselves, even lift the bonnet to do normal level checks, simply put they don’t have the skills or the time served bloody mindedness to do whats necessary to keep older cars going, 99% of which involves regular in depth underbody and mechanical maintenance, for goodness sake half the punters out there arn’t capable of washing the paintwork down themselves or changing a bulb.

I’m a minority among my own peers if it comes to it, you wouldn’t believe the driver’s car park where i work, expensive top range new and nearly new metal the majority many on private plates, not many of us run older cars and fewer still maintain our own, even fewer still know anything about extending the life of the body chassis or mechanics of the car even if they could be bothered to, maybe they think the good times and cheap credit will last forever, some of us have been around long enough to know different.

Juddian:
Adam i applaud your thinking there, however i suspect you are in a minority among your peers.

Keeping older cars going is easy for old buggers like me, generally my generation started out with knackered old banger often bought with something majorly wrong, and we spent hours trawling scrap yards for parts and dismantled and rebuilt our cars, as the years went by that mechanical know how helped us keep older cars bought cheaply to be as reliable and useful as anything leaving a new car showroom.

Not many in your age group, unless something to do with the car or mechanical trades themselves, even lift the bonnet to do normal level checks, simply put they don’t have the skills or the time served bloody mindedness to do whats necessary to keep older cars going, 99% of which involves regular in depth underbody and mechanical maintenance, for goodness sake half the punters out there arn’t capable of washing the paintwork down themselves or changing a bulb.

I’m a minority among my own peers if it comes to it, you wouldn’t believe the driver’s car park where i work, expensive top range new and nearly new metal the majority many on private plates, not many of us run older cars and fewer still maintain our own, even fewer still know anything about extending the life of the body chassis or mechanics of the car even if they could be bothered to, maybe they think the good times and cheap credit will last forever, some of us have been around long enough to know different.

Ye usually the first they people do when they get a nice job. Get a brand new car on PCP that costs like £500 a month all so they can look flash pulling into the car park.
Its so stupid.

Another issue though is cars are now designed to not be tampered with.
When you open a bonnet up now you are greeted with some very nice looking plastic. You literally can not see anything. They purposefully make these cars harder to work on. Why? It makes car dealerships money and the cars dont last as long lol.

adam277:
Im not sold on electric cars.
They are not the answer.

One study suggests that CO2 emissions from electric car production are 59% higher than the level in production of traditional internal combustion engine vehicles (ICEVs).

The greater emissions are largely attributed to the battery manufacturing process, something the EEA suggests could be amended to incorporate increased use of renewable energies.
Most car batteries are made in China, South Korea and Japan, where the use of carbon in electricity production is relatively high.

But thats not the main issue. Its the consumerism that is the issue.
Decades ago a family car meant a car you kept for well over a decade. People did not trade up cars so fast. So, production was never as high.
Now we are in an age in which PCP and finance is fueling car production. Whereas before a car would last you 10-15 years now you only have a car for 3 years after which you are given a new to trade up with.

If we want to cut emissions we need to ban PCP deals. A car has to have a longer shelf life than 3 years. We need to not only produce EV cars but to reduce the amount of cars we are producing.

To put it simply. We need to change the way we live. The issue now is now we are such a consumerist society it is damaging the environment. We need to go back to the times of the 50s-70s. A time when clothes, hardware, vehicles and everything else was not something disposable but something you kept and looked after.

We shouldnt be upgrading Cars, mobile phone every few years. Clothes should have a shelf life of years not weeks. Food should not be sold in ready to eat disposable plastic.

I was born in the 1990s. So, I have only read of the ‘old’ days. But if we want to make signifcant change society and our habits need to change.

AndieHyde:
That mask seems to be obscuring the end of your nose as you are not demonstating an ability to see past it.
A fundamental change in a system as large as changing over the current fleet from ICE transportation to an electron powered future is going to require massive investment in generating and distributing electricity.
The system is struggling as it is, sorry but this is the first Franglais style cut and paste I found, and a year old.
independent.co.uk/news/uk/h … 37691.html
But I would question how many new power stations and high tension pylons they are building near you.

You really believe that the potential for a uncompromised change from one system to the other CAN & WILL happen?
Even the best criminal has no choice but to obey the Laws of thermodynamics.

There is not enough to go around in the future under current dynamics, so we have to create more, or lower consumption.
Picture yourself a detached billionaire and what would you choose?

I’m not wearing a mask, you saying I am don’t make it true :wink:
Lots of words but didnt actually answer my point-

Consistency is the key when writing convincing fiction. Free Top Tip for you there. Peace be with you

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
I always wondered how they got round the problem of finding the petrol and new engine oil and a new oil filter, let alone anything else, for the Olds 442 in the Demolition Man movie.:

I bet you’re a barrel of laughs at the cinema :smiley:

Nope

Finally, some honesty

We have done well with electric cars, we don’t own one but we bought a fantastic little car for the lad when a couple near us upgraded to a new battery car from KIA. There may be a few cheap cars about.