JLR making the Jaguar brand all electric

lancpudn:
I see Ford Europe have joined Jaguar & just announced they will only sell fully electric cars by 2030 with their first BEV rolling out of the Cologne factory in Germany using VW’s MEB skateboard platform in 2023. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/…urope-by-2030/

Be interesting to see if Ford Europe and JLR are still in existance in 2031.

Juddian:

Rock and hard place my friend. They (the companies involved) are, in the final analysis business entities who’s only reason for existence is to make money. They aren’t policy makers, but are attempting to stay ahead of the curve. They may hate the green lobby and the direction policy is taking, but there is sweet FA they can do about it.

From a business point of view it makes perfect sense to develop and implement the tech before it is forced upon them. Regardless of whether or not we agree with the direction, we are unfortunately where we are in this, so it makes perfect sense to climb aboard (from their POV) before it all kicks off.

the maoster:

Juddian:

Rock and hard place my friend. They (the companies involved) are, in the final analysis business entities who’s only reason for existence is to make money. They aren’t policy makers, but are attempting to stay ahead of the curve. They may hate the green lobby and the direction policy is taking, but there is sweet FA they can do about it.

From a business point of view it makes perfect sense to develop and implement the tech before it is forced upon them. Regardless of whether or not we agree with the direction, we are unfortunately where we are in this, so it makes perfect sense to climb aboard (from their POV) before it all kicks off.

Couldn’t agree more, i was merely pondering if those millions of EV buyers are actually out there, we all know it’s the honeymoon phase at the moment with fuel costs falsely low because not taxed and charging points and the grid not swamped, once that changes and the realities of living with only electricity for transport hit home, i suspect more than a few will be buying the last of the (reliable and durable) ICE vehicles before the cut off date…which i believe will have to be put back several years anyway by the next govt when reality hits home and Carrie isn’t in charge…and keep those cars running for as long as they can.

the maoster:

Juddian:

Unfortunately their customer base won’t agree.The only way they’ll be able to make that stick is to proactively sabotage/wreck the ‘classic car’ market sector not that Jaguar was much help to it anyway.Some of the most iconic classic examples and about as much use to their preservation as a breakers or banger racing crew.

Juddian:
i suspect more than a few will be buying the last of the (reliable and durable) ICE vehicles before the cut off date…which i believe will have to be put back several years anyway by the next govt when reality hits home and Carrie isn’t in charge…and keep those cars running for as long as they can.

Unfortunately the EV manufacturers will have a self interest in making sure that they sabotage all ICE powered vehicle product support and fuel supplies to make that impossible.Obviously supported by the government.
The only way to stop this is for the public to wake up in time to the reality, of this unaffordable, nuclear and tree burning fuelled nightmare, based on corrupt science and government.Not to mention years of anti fossil fuel use propaganda of which we now know what the end game always was to soften up the turkeys to vote for Christmas.
I always wondered how they got round the problem of finding the petrol and new engine oil and a new oil filter, let alone anything else, for the Olds 442 in the Demolition Man movie.Blimey that film was prophetic. :frowning: :unamused: :wink:

The squeaky bum time will be 2025 for the cut off date, that’s when the very last Euro Cat 7 standard for ICE vehicles comes into being, No ICE vehicle is going to make the lower emission standard of 80g/km (currently 95g/km). Even the PHEV vehicles which have a stay of execution until 2035 will have to be able to travel 50 miles on electric power alone, there are none as of today that can do that distance on electric power only.
fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ds-by-2030

It matters not which flavour of political party is in power as the UK Environment bill/de-carbonisation of UK transport was again ratified and written into law in Oct 2019, It follows EU standards emissions law.

I read today the job cuts have already started at JLR :frowning: todaynewspost.com/auto-news/jag … ic-future/

lancpudn:
Announced today JLR are taking the Marque all electric & phasing out diesel engines. 60% of Land Rovers will have a plug from 2024 too. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/jag … ric-brand/

Yes, but not all 100% electric. There’ll be hybrids and mild hybrids for the people who tow because all those farmers and equestrians will not cope with a range of 50 miles because they’re pulling 3.5 tons of straw, hay, sheep, horses etc.

lancpudn:
The squeaky bum time will be 2025 for the cut off date, that’s when the very last Euro Cat 7 standard for ICE vehicles comes into being, No ICE vehicle is going to make the lower emission standard of 80g/km (currently 95g/km). Even the PHEV vehicles which have a stay of execution until 2035 will have to be able to travel 50 miles on electric power alone, there are none as of today that can do that distance on electric power only.
fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ds-by-2030

It matters not which flavour of political party is in power as the UK Environment bill/de-carbonisation of UK transport was again ratified and written into law in Oct 2019, It follows EU standards emissions law.

I read today the job cuts have already started at JLR :frowning: todaynewspost.com/auto-news/jag … ic-future/

We do have a constitution which says that no incoming government is bound by the actions ( laws ) made by a previous one.Otherwise what’s the point of democracy.
I thought we’ve left the EUSSR.See above.

Diesels only outnumber petrol cars because of just the perception that they are more economical to run owing to their lower fuel consumption.Forget about the maintenance bills and the annual mileage needed to break even.
What’s going to happen when they are hit by the reality, not just the perception, of 16p per kwh + road fuel duty + 20% VAT.
As opposed to 10p per kwh including road fuel duty and 20% VAT.
In addition to the captive market stranglehold held by the battery producers.
Loads of unemployed/unemployable existing car technicians/mechanics.
Engineering workers and the support industries involved in making all the different components required for ICE powered vehicles.
The classic market won’t have the room or the cash to employ them all even if this Communist backed dictatorship allows any thriving classic car industry competing with it for fossil fuel reserves.
Which is what this is all about.
The fear of war over resources with Communism and its unsustainable population.
Having said all that in this supposed brave new world of affordable plentiful electricity why can’t we have the choice of Hydrogen fuelled ICE vehicles.

Juddian:

lancpudn:
I see Ford Europe have joined Jaguar & just announced they will only sell fully electric cars by 2030 with their first BEV rolling out of the Cologne factory in Germany using VW’s MEB skateboard platform in 2023. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/…urope-by-2030/

It’s looking like TaTa motors wants to split Jaguar from Land Rover & sell Jaguar off to the highest bidder, the only people with deep pockets these days are the Chinese :open_mouth: I wonder if it will be snapped up by a Chinese car maker like they did with the MG brand. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/jag … rt-of-jlr/

And the news out of JLR just gets more & more sad! Their sports cars could in line for extinction :astonished: insideevs.com/news/488934/jagua … ification/

lancpudn:
And the news out of JLR just gets more & more sad! Their sports cars could in line for extinction :astonished: insideevs.com/news/488934/jagua … ification/

It’s not rocket science to understand that big power combined with a relatively small light body is mutually exclusive with the battery load capacity needed to fuel it.
Like all other performance car marques they obviously ceased to be relevant when their core product and customer base shifted from being focused on performance cars.Whether performance saloons or two door convertibles.EV’s will be the final insult and nail.
The best ‘sports’ EV would be a 7.5 tonner chassis with the most powerful electric motor available and the payload used for its batteries.That ain’t ever going to wear the badge of a Jaguar with any credibility.
Now let the marque die with dignity.

What no one seems to realize when discussing electric cars for the masses and their implementation into society regarding infrastructure.and lthe ogistics of charging Ect.

You won’t be getting one.

This saviour technology isn’t for the likes of you, it is the reserve of rich and powerful, you know the ones that have convinced you of the great reset that have seen most of you out of jobs and slowly loosing your power so when they eventually turn off the oil and gas which basically means food. You wont offer much resistance.

Are you waking up yet??

You have to admire some peoples answer to the lack of public on-street charging facilities :grimacing:

AndieHyde:
What no one seems to realize when discussing electric cars for the masses and their implementation into society regarding infrastructure.and lthe ogistics of charging Ect.

This saviour technology isn’t for the likes of you, it is the reserve of rich and powerful, you know the ones that have convinced you of the great reset that have seen most of you out of jobs and slowly loosing your power so when they eventually turn off the oil and gas which basically means food. You wont offer much resistance.

Are you waking up yet??

This is what they have in store for the Hoi Polloi :open_mouth: especially with the government considering limiting petrol & diesel sales prior to 2030 fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ad-of-2030

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

“the reserve of the rich and powerful”, except you can buy one now for around £300 per month on finance or 20/30 something grand outright, you can even get the smart car for £211 a month albeit its only 2 seater with a very low battery range. and these prices should continue to fall if more battery produsing gigafactories come online

whatcar.com/news/the-cheape … eal/n19891

yeah, only for the oligarchs

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

I’ll let my friend who’s just got an electric Corsa know. I’m sure he’ll be happy to find out he’s now rich and powerful

lancpudn:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

This is what they have in store for the Hoi Polloi :open_mouth: especially with the government considering limiting petrol & diesel sales prior to 2030 fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … ad-of-2030

Ah yes, public transport, the horror of it all, trying to get us on their new transportation invention.

Cue Carryfast trying to shout me down. Me, the young* bus driver (I’m 24, honest)

Carryfast:
I always wondered how they got round the problem of finding the petrol and new engine oil and a new oil filter, let alone anything else, for the Olds 442 in the Demolition Man movie.:

I bet you’re a barrel of laughs at the cinema :smiley:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

A few of us have been awake for a long time, sadly too few to make much of a difference, what happened in the USA with the election tells anyone listening all they need to know, they are serious about this and they will do absolutely anything to make sure it happens.

The great reset eh, millions of plebs, believers in the west’s version of Pravda (almost all of the mainstream media) are convinced a Utopia is waiting at the end of this tunnel, 2030. When they realise the statement ‘‘you will own nothing and be happy’’ isn’t meant in a joyous way, it is a loud and clear portent for those able to think for themselves.

Juddian:
The great reset eh, millions of plebs, believers in the west’s version of Pravda (almost all of the mainstream media) are convinced a Utopia is waiting at the end of this tunnel, 2030.

Only in your head. Meanwhile here in the real world no one believes we are heading to a utopia, ever, let alone in 9 years. :unamused:

AndieHyde:

Are you waking up yet??

It will all become clear sooner than the useful idiots realise when they find their gas bills ‘equalised’ with electric ( in the interests of reversing global warming ) and then their gas supply is removed completely and 3p per kwh including 5% VAT, turns into 20p per kwh overnight.
As for being able to afford to fuel an EV at 16p per kwh + Road Fuel Duty + 20% VAT, + battery costs on minimum wage if they’ve even got a job, who are the elites trying to fool here.