Jewson Cornwall

My son lives down there currently works for Sig out of Newquay but the wages are very poor, Jewsons are advertising would any body know what their wages would be roughly many thanks

Poor.
With plenty of company and customer bull ■■■■ to factor in. I think new employees have to do a residential training course first.

Jewson wages for drivers up here are around the £23k mark.

he would be very happy with that, job would be very similar to what he does now thanks guys

The only Jewson drivers on approx £23k will be legacy drivers from Co’s that Saint Gobain have bought out.

There was a major effort which began approx’ 2yrs ago to ‘manage’ these drivers out.

Of course, there will always be the BS’rs who can smell an idiot from 20 paces !

Why don’t you get your son to at least apply for the job so’s he can find out what they pay?

he has applied but as is usual no one will talk about pay until you are at the interview stage prob. so just thought I’d ask on here, he has his Hiab cert already,

Pay’s crap up here, so not sure what it’ll be like down your way, but can’t seeing much of a difference anyway…

No O/T rate, if you’re late back (or similar), you don’t get paid for that time, yet they say the usual ‘you’ll get that time back’ (somewhere).

NO YOU WON’T!!! You’ve just worked for FREE!!!

That PDA in the cab you have is a joke, you spend more time checking that while out and about in case something changes, than just doing the job.

Because if you don’t ‘acknowledge’ the PDA, the office is straight on the phone asking ‘why’.

Makes me shudder when people mention Jewsons these days, now that I know what they’re like to work for.

I got the chance to jump ship.

So glad I did.

malcob:
he has applied but as is usual no one will talk about pay until you are at the interview stage prob. so just thought I’d ask on here, he has his Hiab cert already,

He’ll be lucky to be offerred £18k. There’s usually a VERY good reason why they don’t talk £money until you’re sat in the chair.

You’re right,the current rate is just over £18k