Jeremy Vine

This week on Radio2 the Jeremy Vine show i think on Thursday, the most hated vehicle on the road!!! Whats the betting it will be the much loved TRUCK?

Yes, that’s what I’m going to vote for.

today is the last day for nominations

bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/ … vote.shtml

odds on the weekend gypsy,followed by the bus,then the truck.

I’ve just nominated the police speed camera van. :laughing: :laughing:

Let’s see if he mentions that. :confused:

Ken.

Quinny:

Ken.

SWMBO just nominated them as well, she doesn’t know yet :wink:

I nominated bicycles earlier this evening
:open_mouth:

Denis F:

Quinny:

Ken.

SWMBO just nominated them as well, she doesn’t know yet :wink:

DITO , who knows if enough do ■■? lol

I don’t really care what Jeremy Whine has on his show- the bloke is an idiot :imp:

I don’t really care what Jeremy Whine has on his show- the bloke is an idiot

So I’m guessing Jimmy Young was more your cup of tea? :laughing: :laughing:

Ken.

Quinny:

Ken.

Not really (never listened to his show), but Whine is a patronising, un-informed git, who would really be best off on daytime tv with a show like Trisha or Oprah bleedin Winfrey. He makes mountains out of molehills as his stock in trade, and attracts those kinds of people as callers too.
I’d love it it he did a Madely and got done for shoplifting or something :smiling_imp:

It will be another 4x4 hate bandwagon .

smoker:
I don’t really care what Jeremy Whine has on his show- the bloke is an idiot :imp:

Fully agree.

Arrogant git who likes the sound of his own voice.

When he comes on, Radio 2 goes off.

flying_fenman:

smoker:

Fully agree.

Arrogant git who likes the sound of his own voice.

When he comes on, Radio 2 goes off.

can’t argue with any of that, but I do listen sometimes

however the vote choices are

Motorbikes
Lorries
4x4s
Tractors
White Vans
Horses
Caravans
Bicycles

bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/vine/ … vote.shtml

Vote now :wink:

Quinny:

Ken.

The difference is Ken that JY was a singer turned DJ who did some kind interviews with people in the news. You couldn’t, or shouldn’t, have expected Paxman.
But Vine is supposed to be a journalist and ought to know better than what he blethers on about.
Sally Traffic was sticking up for the drivers today though. :laughing:

She did,but it was still full of NIMBY’s,who don’t want the trucks,but want everything they bring.

Instead of trucks running at night,why don’t we have all cars running at night instead,that way,the roads would be free for us.

But oh no,we couldn’t have that though,could we?

Ken.

im with the woman on thursday last week who said,and i quote
ANYTHING WITH FOUR WHEELS,which suits me fine as i had fourteen at the time.

four on the car and ten in the boot (only joking :smiley: ).

Denis F:

Oi!!! :imp: :imp:

You can pack that in or i’ll be nominating livestock transporters!! :wink: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing:

I voted horses.

I am not against horses or horseriders in any way.

However, with all the idiots driving cars that we see on the roads, I feel horses are safer away from the roads.

I know very little about horses, but I’d have thought they would be happier in a field.

Motorcycles and bicycles? What damage do thy do?!

Vans and trucks? How would the country run without them?

The whole thing is daft in my eyes. I fail to see what the point is.

Why did I vote■■? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

flying_fenman:
I voted horses.

I am not against horses or horseriders in any way.

However, with all the idiots driving cars that we see on the roads, I feel horses are safer away from the roads.

I know very little about horses, but I’d have thought they would be happier in a field.:

Now it could be said that most if not all the people who want trucks off the road would “Know very little about trucks” and “would have thought that all the freight would be better on the rails or at night”

You can see the problem here Fenman. Should we also ban cyclists and motorbikes for there own safety.

Its all about accurate info and not ratings attracting ■■■-stirring.

Oh and for the record I agree about horses being on the road and I do know a lot about horses :wink: :wink: :wink:

Look, as a lorry driver I speed, use a hand held mobile, intimidate poor defenceless women in cars and run others off the road …apparently. Of course this is all uninformed ■■■■■■■■, but don’t let this get in the way of a crass debate. I particularly enjoyed 2 contributors - one who wanted the govt to deliver stuff not by road but by …erm…well they just should (fairies maybe??) and the guy who’d been run off the road 6 times - where does he live !!!

This all just encourages the “NIMBY” element who can’t see past the end of their own prejudices. It’s hard enough to get about without the BBC encouraging people to “hate” certain road users. There’s already too much “them & us” about already as this is bound to end up as a BBC news item given much undeserved credence.