Jealousy

A company I know on a pallet network nights bought 2 new Volvo’s.
1 x 460 and 1 x 500.
The 500 goes early, and the 460 carries the leftovers.
Both lovely trucks, but the driver of the 460 was so incensed at having the lesser engine, he bought 500 badges and put them on the side !!
Both night trunks and both vehicle’s pull uphill and down hill the same!
He has the right hump and has thrown his dummy’s out of the pram.

This is honest truth, I have seen both trucks, and could not believe how jealous a driver could be !

Do any other members get jealous of trucks they see??

Snarley:
1 x 460 and 1 x 500.
Both lovely trucks, but the driver of the 460 was so incensed at having the lesser engine, he bought 500 badges and put them on the side !!

This is honest truth, I have seen both trucks, and could not believe how jealous a driver could be !

He must have small ■■■■■ syndrome

Lol what a ■■■■■

Snarley:

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard.

Funnily enough, at our firm we bought 2 new P400 tippers & 1 used P360 tipper (10 reg) I got one of the P400s as my old wagon was going & the other driver was given a choice & he went for the P360 as he wanted it as he liked the look of it over the new P400s. It doesn’t bother him that he has a less powerful engine than a 400.

I love folk like this, for some reason I find them a endless source of entertainment.
Iam a live and let live kind of guy, I bet some of these sorts would scoff at my weekend activities.

I don’t think it can be totally put down to jealousy.

I used to work with someone who paid for his own business cards to be printed that matched those whose positions needed them. I never thought much about that until he bought a Vx Vectra that blended in with the Co’ car fleet.

Why? I don’t know, other than he definitely had a false sense of his own importance, talked a good job & was so inept at his minor job that he could never reach the dizzying heights of a position that qualified for a Co’ car & 5000 business cards.

Some folk are just nutters.

Is it jealousy or that strange need to pose, as seen every day on our roads.

The number of lorries you see about with the xxxhp or V8 or some other guff stencilled in 6" figures on the motor in question.

There’s only one important number and thats the set that appear on your pay slip.

I get dead jealous of other trucks when I’m going out of the yard and they’re going in! Other than that I don’t care… :wink:

In the old days, it wasn’t unknown for drivers to put lower sized engine badges on the truck so the Ministry wouldn’t realise they were overloaded going up Jubilee Way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Let us stop for a moment and remember if you can the days of small ( 290 BHP) engines and gear sticks, when we were true drivers and not just steering wheel attendants.

Snarley:
1 x 460 and 1 x 500.

IIRC, one of Ray White’s drivers put 660 badges on a 460 Volvo FH12 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Juddian:
Is it jealousy or that strange need to pose, as seen every day on our roads.

The number of lorries you see about with the xxxhp or V8 or some other guff stencilled in 6" figures on the motor in question.

There’s only one important number and thats the set that appear on your pay slip.

+1

Put them all back on Atkinson Borderer’s with 180 Gardner engines !

It’s more funny to put lower power badges than bigger ,"that goes well for a 380 " when it’s really a 480 .

Dan Punchard:
It’s more funny to put lower power badges than bigger ,"that goes well for a 380 " when it’s really a 480 .

yeah, but, some drivers get the real hump over things like that and hand their notice in because of it :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I love guys like these,imagine the endless ways you could wind him up. :laughing:

Every one gets a bit of the green eyed monster from time to time, and it’s better to be serving it than receiving it, but most people can handle it with out to much effect.
Without knowing the personal details it’s hard to say whats going on but the guy doesn’t seem to have the maturity to handle that kind of situation, may be a bit irrational. Perhaps he’s a bit borderline, on the spectrum for autism or depression. It sounds like he should speak to someone ( professional ) about his situation before it gets out of hand. A situation like that should be handled very carefully, it’s not as a joke.

There’s a good chance that he could also be taking out his frustration on the truck or other road users.

Jeff…

Jelliot:
Every one gets a bit of the green eyed monster from time to time, and it’s better to be serving it than receiving it, but most people can handle it with out to much effect.
Without knowing the personal details it’s hard to say whats going on but the guy doesn’t seem to have the maturity to handle that kind of situation, may be a bit irrational. Perhaps he’s a bit borderline, on the spectrum for autism or depression. It sounds like he should speak to someone ( professional ) about his situation before it gets out of hand. A situation like that should be handled very carefully, it’s not as a joke.

Jeff…

Sod that I would crush him like a bug. :smiley:

Jonni c:
Let us stop for a moment and remember if you can the days of small ( 290 BHP) engines and gear sticks, when we were true drivers and not just steering wheel attendants.

I’ve got a new FH (500)i don’t want to stop and remember climbing banks in my Seddon Atkinson 38 tonner powered by a 265 rolls royce engine, wondering if it will get to the top, being passed by cyclists that were trying to slipstream me but gave up because it was too slow, then to get over the other side and come down the hill , just hoping i would be able to stop when i got to the bottom! the good old days are very overrated!