JDL / Justdrivers

Does anyone know if this agency has gone under. I assume it has as my invoice for work in August hasn’t been paid and no phones are being answered / emails responded to.

An invoice 5 days overdue is not a reason to be panicking. However it doesn’t look good.

thegazette.co.uk/notice/2312138

Company Number: 07538930, Name of Company: JUST DRIVERS LIMITED
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986 that a meeting of creditors of the above company will be held at Onslow House, 62 Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1SW on 21 April 2015 at 11.15 am for the purposes mentioned in sections 99 to 101 of the said Act.

On 23rd April the Resolutions for Winding up were agreed and a liquidator appointed.

So according to that, Justdrivers Ltd was subsequently put into voluntary liquidation. I would suspect that whoever you’re working for now is a phoenix company that rose out of the ashes and it may have also gone ■■■■ up or is suffering cashflow problems.

Yet another reason not to go Ltd/Umbrella.

Yet another reason not to go Ltd/Umbrella.
[/quote]
Zzzzzzzzzzzz, If you were PAYE and the agency went under you wouldn’t get paid for that weeks work so makes no difference what pay model you operate under.

I know in this instance the OP invoiced for the whole month of August and didn’t get paid but in the vast majority of cases people who are Ltd or Umbrella get paid weekly too!

Thanks. Actually the invoice was for work in July that I submitted in August. I only work the odd weekend so not a huge issue for me but I imagine it would be for anyone who worked a full month or so.

tmcassett:
Zzzzzzzzzzzz, If you were PAYE and the agency went under you wouldn’t get paid for that weeks work so makes no difference what pay model you operate under.

However when the company is wound up the employees on PAYE are the first to get paid wages owed out of any money that is recovered when whatever assets are sold and outstanding monies owed recovered. Everyone else gets put on a list with those owed the most getting paid first.

But I’d like to thank you for demonstrating a complete lack of knowledge about the subject.

Conor:

tmcassett:

However when the company is wound up the employees on PAYE are the first to get paid wages owed out of any money that is recovered when whatever assets are sold and outstanding monies owed recovered. Everyone else gets put on a list with those owed the most getting paid first.

But I’d like to thank you for demonstrating a complete lack of knowledge about the subject.

I’m fully aware of how it works thank you. In fact you’ve kind of answered some of the points I would have made if I wrote a more detailed reponse originally but I will elaborate anyway.

Yes once any money is recovered (IF ANY) from the sale of assetts (probably not a lot of assets in the case of an agency) then employees will get paid.

My original point still remains valid - there’s a good chance you won’t see any money whatever pay scheme you are on!

I didn’t get any money back in the end.

I heard that some drivers lost a fair amount.

tmcassett:

I know in this instance the OP invoiced for the whole month of August and didn’t get paid but in the vast majority of cases people who are Ltd or Umbrella get paid weekly too!

On PAYE, if the agency goes under, the state pays your outstanding wages (up to 8 weeks owing).

Hang on, if umbrella co. Can you get them to re invoice the company you actually drove for ? Instead of the agency that have gone bust… Just a thought. I would try it along with knocking on their door for more work directly paid.
Paye…chase the govt. for dosh.

Sorry you didn’t get the money owed mate, thats a nice kick in the ■■■■■■■■ when you’ve done the graft fair and square.

On paye at the time but i did get the holiday pay owed by an agency that went bust, the receiver could not have been more helpful.

■■■■■■ me right off that people can go bust, yet start up again, and in transport we’ve seen it times, same vehicles same premises, near enough the same company name, yet leave a string of poor sodding creditors up the creek without a paddle…funny how they always manage to pay the fuel companies though, odd that… :imp: