Jct29 Truck stop Chesterfield

Hi guys how busy does the chesterfield truck stop get on a Sunday night ?
I’m asking as I’m running later and would hit it about 8ish and I don’t want to go over 4h 30 as it’s Sunday

blue estate:
I’m asking as I’m running later and would hit it about 8ish and I don’t want to go over 4h 30 as it’s Sunday

Isn’t it shut on a Sunday… ?

SouthEastCashew:

blue estate:

Isn’t it shut on a Sunday… ?

No only shops etc
Open 24/7 for Parking and Fuel
(including Bank holiday periods)

Secure Parking >>
Short stay (2hrs FREE)
or Overnight (Charges apply)
Bunkered Fuel >>
Automated smart card for HGV and Vans
— Excluding Bank Holidays —
Showers & Toilets >>
Ladies and Gents
FREE Internal ATM >>
No charge to withdraw your money

You can park for free on the road outside…

the nodding donkey:

What’s it like on a Sunday for space ?

the nodding donkey:

SNAP parking.

Inside the truck stop parking can be busy Sunday night due to foreign drivers on a weekly rest period, or parked there to deliver nearby for Monday.
There are a few UK trucks in there , that have run up Sunday to deliver Monday.
But Sunday night should be OK for space.
I use Crewe truck stop on Sunday night and that has been full up on numerous occasions and the same for The New Hollies at Cannock .
Then you have the day trip hobby car driver jams to contend with, I do wonder where they have been to and where they are going.
Sunday car traffic is like a weekday commuter mad rush to be nowhere special fast .
Grab a 45 minute tacho break in Tibshelf or Trowel Msa before parking up at Chesterfield J29,there is a few pubs and takeaway about 15 minutes walk from the truck stop to wet your whistle .
Worst case scenario, exit M1 for the Retail/Designer outlet shopping mall South Normanton.
Entrance to the mall will have locked gates when shut but you can park in the big layby on the roundabout by the mall.
McDonald’s minutes away on foot .

Just don`t count on getting fuel,when all the parking spaces are full the bloody idiot incharge parks them up over night on the pumps, friggin bellend.

dowahdiddyman:
Just don`t count on getting fuel,when all the parking spaces are full the bloody idiot incharge parks them up over night on the pumps, friggin bellend.

:smiley: a up mark hows it going mate

wirksworth rod:

dowahdiddyman:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: not comeing back to the dark side then

Go 20 mins up the road and use The Stockyard. £13.50 inc £2.50 voucher

wirksworth rod:

wirksworth rod:

dowahdiddyman:

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: not comeing back to the dark side then

Was going to pal,but got a good pay rise,now got a guarentee of 600wk plus overtime takes it up to over 650 wk. every week. Anyway how you doing after your bit of medical drama.

I call it the…

The bread and butter truckstop. It seems everything you order has the option of bread and butter. Gammon ‘do you want bread and butter?’, ham salad ‘do you want bread and butter?’, bread and butter ‘do you want bread and butter?’

The showers and bogs have always had their own particular smell.

It also used to be no parking on the road outside as I found to my cost once when I woke up with a ticket under my wiper along with every other lorry there.

I recently found my old J29 reward card which after many many years of diligent points collecting is probably worth a cheap Korean manufactured phone holder from the shop.

Whoever put the diesel pumps smack bang in the middle of the one way system, blocking it completely during busy periods was a knob.

blue estate:

Is it ok…

To go over four and a half on other days then?

yourhavingalarf:

blue estate:

Is it ok…

To go over four and a half on other days then?

No and it’s was Sunday and OT still got 5 days to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk