JCB-ERF

I’m sat on jcb waiting to get tipped, I’m parked next to one of their “w” reg ERF’s and they still look brand new.

They must be stripped down and resprayed every year, not a scratch on them. I don’t think their can be another fleet of ERFs out their that are do original and looking so good.

Thereal-john:
I’m sat on jcb waiting to get tipped, I’m parked next to one of their “w” reg ERF’s and they still look brand new.

They must be stripped down and resprayed every year, not a scratch on them. I don’t think their can be another fleet of ERFs out their that are do original and looking so good.

Surley in this day and age you have a camera phone :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: this thread is useless without pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hiya …there’s a team who completely renovate the ERF’s at JCB. i think they have some waiting to be done.
i was talking with one chap who’s doing them, he said their’s no question about whats done make sure they’re
spot on. the best job this chap has had.nice to see. as i worked at ERF in the 60’s
John

This.

jcb erf.jpg

Its a pity the old 3C cabs weren’t fibreglass.

the ERF,S are a bit like jcb 3cx,s the older ones are far better than the new ■■■■■ they churn out , better of refurbing an older one
or buy a volvo bl71 :smiley:

Hiya…don’t think it would be a verey good image a volvo pulling new JCB’s. when volvo have a range
of earth moving equipment would it…jcb did have a merc at one time to put a lowloader.
John

I think I am correct in saying that the old ERF are used for the roadshows and dancing digger displays, they always looked immaculate and if you drive round the back of the cinema there are lots of mint looking trailers which are probably 30 years old

3300John:
Hiya…don’t think it would be a verey good image a volvo pulling new JCB’s. when volvo have a range
of earth moving equipment would it…jcb did have a merc at one time to put a lowloader.
John

It cant be a very good image when JCB make Fastracs and Mercedes make Unimog and G wagon either :stuck_out_tongue:

d4c24a:
the ERF,S are a bit like jcb 3cx,s the older ones are far better than the new [zb] they churn out , better of refurbing an older one
or buy a volvo bl71 :smiley:

Agreed. Still loads of 3Cs about, many still working. Talking of diggers I saw a Hymac 580 the other day-lovely sea sick green paintjob with not a bit of rust, and sat beside a 3C.
The 3C used to be nicknamed “Garden Shed cab” or “the Greenhouse” by some machine drivers I worked with.
:laughing:

The dancing diggers are part of the H.E Services plant hire group using jcb 3cx. that how it was 2007 when I worked for them but may have changed

westham67:
The dancing diggers are part of the H.E Services plant hire group using jcb 3cx. that how it was 2007 when I worked for them but may have changed

I was a plant op trainee there in '97 at Hungerford. I didn’t stay long…

westham67:

that is their own display team along with JC BALLS who also do their own display ,the JCB team is JCB,s own

seen here in the “Old girls still working” thread in photo forum

I read somewhere that all their trucks are debadged so that the only marque shown is JCB

Bet they have a few problems when they have to go into the LEZ though, its either pay the fine or lead in the products to be demonstrated behind something that won’t kill the daisies :grimacing: