JBT Distribution

Usual questions; pay, what are they like to work for etc?

Any info appreciated.

Where r they based?

Bathgate

Wages are tight about 21500 pa last time i heard fixed salery but plenty graft seen them in boots à lot recently picking up cardboard and doing some of the long distance shops such as Forest. Also see them double maned getting fuel at j38.

Not worked for them myself im an old MRS driver, jbt’s previous name.

JBT wagons definetly dont do 40 on s/c.

Oh Pollocks are recruiting just across the road from JBT

See them in Canal Garage most nights, kit looks about shagged out, usually old Renaults and even worse trailers!!!

Wages are tight about 21500 pa last time

that’s including meal allowance
your on time finish basis bascily they like to make sure there getting every last drop of work out of you don’t expect 5.30pm finishes alot of booze runs and mutli drop not sure what bathgate do I worked for another depo but be wary of the 3 month trail as they tend to take on seasonaly if you get what i mean

Im in bathgate quite a lot they do all sorts, tyres,tesco direct,washing machines,pallets of whisky, pallets of crisps, pallets of fanny pads basically anything you can think of they probs have their hand in it. Overheard how they talk to drivers over the phone and well it wouldn’t suit me.

when i was offerd a start i was keen until i heard it was a day rate 80 odd quid which for maybe doing 15 hour days didnt it right with me

Thanks for the info all; think I’ll give them a miss.

Gall63:

i would :exclamation:

what kind of work are you looking for?

scanny77:

Gall63:

Pretty much anything. Recently passed my class 1 and need some experience.

Gall63:

scanny77:

Gall63:

Pretty much anything. Recently passed my class 1 and need some experience.

In your shoes Gall63 i would take JBT then. And while getting your expérience look round for something better.

you will struggle. the hard fact is that most people want 2 years experience which makes it very frustrating for new drivers trying to catch a break. your best bet is to start off with trunking work to get used to the artics without too much tricky work but a lot of companies give that to the drivers who ‘earn’ the right to sit and steer a truck rather than doing any actual work. i would avoid retail work due if you are new to the industry. a lot of them throw you in at the deep end and im not sure you want to get to grips with driving an artic, working equipment on the trailer (fridges, tail lifts etc), multi drop timed deliveries and not letting cages and pallets fall off the back of your truck. and finding the delivery point of course. apart from co op, most are not front door drops so it could be back door, side door, under a shopping centre, above a shopping centre or even in that loading bay where the bmw is parked right in your way cos the owner is a manager and thinks he is above the law and all human decency. thats just day 1 in the job :laughing:

not sure what their policies are on hiring but british bakeries is pretty much picking up a trailer and either tipping or dropping it somewhere else
booker is normally one drop then backload or return to depot. one or two tricky drops but most are pretty easy and the drivers are a good bunch of lads so they will keep you right
uk mail do a lot of trunking to birmingham at night. not sure what the day runs are like now but it used to be pretty easy
pollocks is just as bad as JBT but they might be willing to take on newly qualified drivers. i dont know but its better than nothing and they seem to have half a fleet doing changeovers at the truckstops in ■■■■■■■ and lancashire at night

Old thread but I have been offered a job here class 2

A bit worried now after reading this. Anyone with then at moment or know much?

Seen on their Facebook they have just started doing EH and Falkirk postcodes for pallet force.

I would give them a go to get experience. At least if it doesn’t work out its easier to get in somewhere else with experience under your belt.

scanny77:
that loading bay where the bmw is parked right in your way cos the owner is a manager and thinks he is above the law and all human decency.

A heavily loaded cage falling off the back onto the bonnet of the car usually sort that out.
I know … I practiced it a few times while doing Wilko stores

happyhebridean436:
Seen on their Facebook they have just started doing EH and Falkirk postcodes for pallet force.

I would give them a go to get experience. At least if it doesn’t work out its easier to get in somewhere else with experience under your belt.

Thanks, yeah gets experience. Bit nervous of what to do with loading etc.

Do you load the first drop at the back of the lorry? How do you get a pallet off manually down tail lift do you need to use the manual looking forks I have seen in warehouses?

Cheers