JAUPT and repeating cpurses

Hi,

Rumour has it that JAUPT stopping people doing the same course more than once in a 5 year period. I drive part time, but in my other job I have to do a 2 day first air course which lasts 3 years. So sometimes that would be 4 of my 5 days.

Anyone else heard this? Can’t see it on the JAUPT website.
Thanks.

granddaddylow:
Hi,

Rumour has it that JAUPT stopping people doing the same course more than once in a 5 year period.

Hi granddaddylow,

This is NOT a rumour, it’s actually true.

granddaddylow:
I drive part time, but in my other job I have to do a 2 day first air course which lasts 3 years. So sometimes that would be 4 of my 5 days.

Anyone else heard this? Can’t see it on the JAUPT website.
Thanks.

In this case, it’s justifiable that you need to do the same course twice within the five year validity of your DCPC card, so this will be allowed under the newly amended DCPC rules.

It’s about time the farce of being able to repeat the same module 5 times came to an end.

Last year as part of fors scheme had to do a day on bikeablity course. It counted towards my CPC
Was some people.on course who said they’ve done it 5 times to gain there CPC.

As you spend half day in classroom the other half riding around the local. Park on a pedal bike.
Can see there logic as was better than spending 8 hours watch a PowerPoint presentation

As someone who had to do the same health and safety course four times last time around (complete with the instructors same jokes), I’m delighted to hear this

As some one who intends to hang up the keys at the end of my DCPC qualification . I am glad to be bowing out, the DCPC is a farce.

Fortunately I don’t have to do it again for 9 years

alamcculloch:
As some one who intends to hang up the keys at the end of my DCPC qualification . I am glad to be bowing out, the DCPC is a farce.

It has been very sad. Although there are good providers and courses out there, there are also bad or boring ones that can, up til now, be repeated. There was a chance to provide some quality on the job training, but the cheapest option of box ticking was taken.

edd1974:
Last year as part of fors scheme had to do a day on bikeablity course. It counted towards my CPC

I did that. Having not ridden a bike for years and never in a city it was one hell of an eye opener doing it in Hull and cycling down the main busy roads, even though there were cycle lanes. Definitely one that should be part of a DCPC module.

alamcculloch:

So how many times have you done it since the last time you said you were hanging up your keys before doing your 5 days? It’s mildly amusing seeing those who bleated on about how they weren’t going to do it and would rather quit driving actually did do it.

So the instructor on my most recent first aid is a bit wary of doing a repeat course cos of the email he recieved from JAUPT. I contacted JAUPT directly who seem to agree that is this case it would be ok. Apparently they will be publishing an FAQ soon.

So what other courses contribute to CPC I would be interested in the cycling one? What’s that? Also if I did a first aid course at my main job (like grandaddy) how do I get that onto my CPC?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

My DQC expires in Sept 24, when I’ll be in my seventy first year, I hope!!
I’ve never been asked to produce it, so if I’m still working, I’m just going to keep going without it till they capture me. At which point I’ll take great pleasure in telling them to stuff my HGV where the birds won’t find it.
I certainly don’t have enough life left to waste a third bank of 35 hrs on this hugely valuable and relevant qualification.

Old John:
My DQC expires in Sept 24, when I’ll be in my seventy first year, I hope!!
I’ve never been asked to produce it, so if I’m still working, I’m just going to keep going without it till they capture me. At which point I’ll take great pleasure in telling them to stuff my HGV where the birds won’t find it.
I certainly don’t have enough life left to waste a third bank of 35 hrs on this hugely valuable and relevant qualification.

If you are caught both your good self and the operator will be heavily fined. You may even be invited to afternoon tea with the Traffic Commissioner. They have us by the short and curly.

In my own case, I am both the operator and driver. If I am still alive and driving when I’m 71, then being brought down by the authorities may be the incentive I’ve lacked for the last 40+ years, to look for a proper job.
As for being summoned to tea and biscuits with whichever commissioner is riding high on the gravy train at the time, I fear I shall be obliged to decline.
You are quite right when you say that they have us by the b-----ks, but, you know, that’s only because we let them.

WIth Medicals booted down the road for one year extention only, the next main round of DCPC won’t be until 2024 for the most of us, I take it?

I think I did module 8 twice between 2014 and 2019. If I’ve done one module twice, then there must have been one of the modules I’ve yet to do for the first time?

Hopefully it will be something useful like “How to avoid being stabbed in the back politically at work, especially at unionized workplaces”. :unamused:

The “cycling” course is called Safe Urban Driving, it’s something FORS companies will tend to insist you have for driving in London.

As for First Aid, you need to sit a FA course that’s already approved with Jaupt, you can’t “get that onto” your CPC

There isn’t a set list of modules, someone mentioned having done “module 8”, that would only be relevant to that training company, other providers would have a different set of courses.

Zac_A:
The “cycling” course is called Safe Urban Driving, it’s something FORS companies will tend to insist you have for driving in London.

As for First Aid, you need to sit a FA course that’s already approved with Jaupt, you can’t “get that onto” your CPC

There isn’t a set list of modules, someone mentioned having done “module 8”, that would only be relevant to that training company, other providers would have a different set of courses.

I did the cycling course when I was at Brakes, and I don’t think it had anything to do with the DCPC modules, just something the firm put full timers through because we all “drive in London” at some point.
They were already choc-a-bloc with “First Aiders” though, so there wasn’t an opportunity to do any other side-courses, but to Brakes’ credit - they did put me through my 35 hours worth of DCPC due 2019 before laying me off in 2018…

Old John:
In my own case, I am both the operator and driver. If I am still alive and driving when I’m 71, then being brought down by the authorities may be the incentive I’ve lacked for the last 40+ years, to look for a proper job.
As for being summoned to tea and biscuits with whichever commissioner is riding high on the gravy train at the time, I fear I shall be obliged to decline.
You are quite right when you say that they have us by the b-----ks, but, you know, that’s only because we let them.

Even if I wanted to disagree with any of that ^^^^ I couldn’t! One of the few benefits of advanced years and garnered wisdom is the fact that you fear less any consequences. The only thing to fear is fear itself as some wise man once said.

The ability and confidence and satisfaction gained by laughing at their pettiness whilst say “eff you” cannot be underestimated.

Another new thing from Jaupt, starting next year Trainers will have to have specific knowledge/experience of the material in a course before they can teach it, eg Drivers Hours will in future probably only be taught by someone with a TMCPC, any bits of ADR in a DCPC will need the Trainer to be an ADR instructor etc etc. And every Trainer will have to show evidence of some form of recognised “teaching qualification”.
Doesn’t do anything to address the problems of those Trainers with a small handful of bad jokes they repeat on every course… :laughing: