James Martin for Top Gear

He is the best man for the job, BBC get him in it now.

Oh good Lord no.

I’d either sack it off completely or wait until the old crew’s contract runs out with Amazon.

Too many chefs on TV as it is. Would you pair him up with Gordon Ramsay?

They could always have a star in the back seat of a car, featuring Nigella, and see who lasts the longest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would wind me up in seconds! :imp:

I don’t think the producers have realised that they need an arrogant ■■■■■■■■ to front the show who doesn’t really give a fig.
They are only interested in trying to milk a cow and haven’t realised it dead! :open_mouth:

For my money T.G. was nearing the end of it`s life anyway. Clarkson going should have been a chance to sweep out the old format, and bring in a few new ideas.

Who?

Yes I’ve googled him and I do now know that he is a chef, big deal! What the hell has that got to do with a car show?

Next they’ll be having washed up F1 team managers, internet critics a German bird that once drove a Transit van quite fast and a fading careered American soap actor… wait… hang on a minute!

Top Gear is so embarissingly dead it’s almost akin to catching someone in the act of necrophilia!

Reef:
Who?

Yes I’ve googled him and I do now know that he is a chef, big deal! What the hell has that got to do with a car show?

Next they’ll be having washed up F1 team managers, internet critics a German bird that once drove a Transit van quite fast and a fading careered American soap actor… wait… hang on a minute!

Top Gear is so embarissingly dead it’s almost akin to catching someone in the act of necrophilia!

I thought I was the only one who had to google him! I did firstly think it was a mix-up with Guy Martin.

Now Guy Martin would make an awesome replacement. Let him dream up the concept, a new name, complete control over the format. I could watch that man make a cup of tea, and not be able to turn over, his enthusiasm is endless. He doesn’t think he’s big or clever or important, and he’s Volvo trained. Nearly peed myself when he said that on the radio one day. Whoever it was interviewing him asked him what he liked best out of all his many jobs.

I can’t remember his exact words, but he said far and away it was being a fitter on trucks. Never needs an alarm to get up on a work day, goes in smiling, does whatever needs doing for as long as it takes, and comes home smiling because he’s going back to do it all again tomorrow.

But he did say at one point “I’m Volvo trained you know” he was proud as punch of that.

I’d give Guy a shot, although I have reservations of whether he’d get tiring…
But he’s head and shoulders above anyone else I can think of!

He’d come up with some crazy challenges and probably bloody kill himself! :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
I’d give Guy a shot, although I have reservations of whether he’d get tiring…
But he’s head and shoulders above anyone else I can think of!

He’d come up with some crazy challenges and probably bloody kill himself! :laughing:

I think one of Guys plus points is that he isnt in our faces 24/7. Some (most) personalities seem to pop everywhere, chefs offering political insights, plastic boobed models talking about the origin of the universe! Winning show formats are copied and simply done to death “57 Channels and Nothing On”.