James Irlam

Did anyone see the 4 new liveried James Irlam Scania’s go down the M6 on Tuesday Afternoon? same livery as Stobarts but it was nice to see Stobies have kept the James Irlam name. Saw one new Stobarts and One New Irlams Scanias side by side outside the business centre at junction 44 on M6 on Tuesday Morning as well. And before someone asks, no I’m not an Eddie’s spotter!!! :smiley:

‘Same’ as in pattern or colour (or both)?

Irlam’s in green & white & red will look weird.

They are wrapped as per stobarts usual colours but with irlam name.

Saw one of Stobbies trailers in Britvic Lutterworth last night full load of pop in the curtains Taking on Irlams practice (YOU DONT NEED THAT STRAPPING IT NEVER MOVES)
Advice I was given by one of Irlams Because I was on the Bay he wanted :unamused:

they have 16 of them. :slight_smile:

Typical there is a two year wait on new trucks but the big boys get them no problem.

willie_mac:
Typical there is a two year wait on new trucks but the big boys get them no problem.

There is a glut of R420 Scanias at Stobarts 500 units this year and i’ve heard new Volvos at Crick this year also :open_mouth:

willie_mac:

Thats fair enough if you ask me Willie.

Whats Scania supposed to say? “Oh, sorry Mr Stobart, I can’t give you those 75 units you want, I’ve got an order for 5 here from a small firm in ■■■■■■-on the-wold, could you wait 8 months instead?”

Its the big firms that keep the manufacturers in their R&D budgets so the smaller guys get more efficient vehicles with more toys.

If they had to rely on O/D’s and smaller companies (who tend to keep their units A LOT longer) then they’d clam up on R&D and keep feeding us the same stuff year in year out.

What would you rather?

Alex

Scania has changed their attitude to the small operator ! Off course it was different in the 70s and 80s when it was the small hauliers that were there biggest customers, and also a lot different when Scania dealers were privately owned, I remember going to Scania in 1985 to buy a new tractor but they werent interested as we were a new unknown company, so I bought ERF, the name of the small company was Nighfreight !!!

Scarab:

willie_mac:
■■■■■■-on the-wold

Alex

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC

willie_mac:
the small company was Nighfreight !!!

is that as in “the end is nigh” ? :wink:

jj72:

willie_mac:
the small company was Nighfreight !!!

is that as in “the end is nigh” ? :wink:

You mean here and nigh? Right nigh? Oh, bother… :smiling_imp:

willie_mac:

Got mine yesterday 194 kms on the clock and fifth wheel grease all over the catwalk, fuel tank and mud guards it looks like the fifth wheel was over greased and it had errr not sprayed but done like a cheestrings type thing everywhere (cant think of the correct wording its early and my six yr old is talking constantly to me whilst im typing)

So anyway am i happy to have a brand spankly new motor?

Am i ell as like :imp:

and heres why…

Old lorry…
Analogue tacho :smiley:
Twin fuel tanks (fuel up only once a week sometimes) :smiley:
ALL marks and scratches blamed on previous driver :smiley:
spotless inside and out :sunglasses:
Everything where i wanted it :smiley:

New lorry…
Digi tacho :imp:
One smaller (bog standard) fuel tank (fuel up daily near enough):evil:
Add blu (if i can ever find anyone who stocks it) :imp:
All marks and scratches down to me :blush:
Stinking inside and ive already mentioned the grease :imp:
Having to swap all my stuff into it :imp:

And to top it all off its still a Merc and its already been turned down to 52mph (I was hoping to get a week out of it before they had it turned down but no such luck) :frowning:

And i cant even pose the fact that im driving around in an 08 plate coz the boss has put a private plate on it so im now driving a W reg :unamused: