James Irlam Logistics - Stoke

Hi all,

I didn’t find to much on the topic search so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Fingers crossed I will be moving from Birmingham to Crewe soon (4-6 weeks) but I gave Irlam’s a quick call to see what the situation was. I was told that I would be welcome to apply now and do tramping through the week until we move. Which I thought was a good suggestion. But I was wondering what the good people on this forum think about Irlam as an Employer.

I’m not very experienced on the wagons, so would I struggle with the work they do? do they run their drivers to max hours? Will they reduce my night outs when we move to Crewe or will they expect me to continue to spend all week away?

Their wagons look good but I know that doesn’t mean that much when it comes to the actual job.

Thanks for any help.

CW

ithey do a lot of rdc work so nice big spaces for the reversing think they pay around the 8 quid mark nights out i would say thats up to you if you dont want to be down the road just tell them

I have known who have worked Irlams at Stoke and from what I can gather they will do their best to accomodate ie if you want 4 nights out they will try their best the work apparently is mostly RDC’s and some days you run to max hours others you are stealing money. They say the best money is on night tramping. Not sure of the rate but the pay is in line with the area.

paid 8quid right through mon to fri overtime sat sun all depends which driver you talk to on if there hrs are garanted hope this helps :smiley: :smiley: