James c ashworth of bradford

lespullan:

Another great pic Les who is the driver?

ramone:

lespullan:

Its not uncle frank mac that was his changed it for sed atki

steve brearley:

ramone:

lespullan:

Its not uncle frank mac that was his changed it for sed atki

Can’t be Frank he’s never looked so young.

Lol unless he’s dyed his air

steve brearley:
Lol unless he’s dyed his air

Hi lads was talking to frank last week he is still looking well, one thing about frank he has still
got a good memory,love talking to Frank always a good laugh.That trailers a Ashworth special
in house built for that job, A one took them over when Ashworths finished .

Nobody seems to know the driver its a staged photo as the f88s never did the cabs perhaps it was the shunter from doncaster

Just to bring the thread back to life, don’t remember the Bolton Abbey on the doors,hope all you Bradford guys are ok. Les.

les-p:
Just to bring the thread back to life, don’t remember the Bolton Abbey on the doors,hope all you Bradford guys are ok. Les.

Hi there, The Bolton Abbey connection with Ashworths would go way back to the 30s,40s,50s, when they did a lot of livestock work. The Bolton Abbey phone number would probably be a farmer friend of old James.C who would generate some livestock traffic in and around that area Skipton Auction Mart not being far away. He may have had 1 or 2 motors based out there it’s all in the long and distant past. Cheers Andy

les-p:

Top pic is ■■■■ ashworth pic below is james c ashworth

Some great photos there Les , hope you are well up in Ma Kranky land. Was the Marathon they ran any good ?

ramone:
Some great photos there Les , hope you are well up in Ma Kranky land. Was the Marathon they ran any good ?

Yes mate both ok, Ma Kranky’s looking after us, :angry:, don’t know anything about the Marathon though. Les.

old ashworths guy invincible just loaded from liverpool dock road
This could possibly have been the liverpool yard shunter
Farmer told me his first wagon was a guy invincible maybe this was it

peterq5422:
0old ashworths guy invincible just loaded from liverpool dock road

What a cracking photo, complete with the boiler suit we all wore around Yorkshire in those days.

Regards John.

old 67:

peterq5422:

f

What a cracking photo, complete with the boiler suit we all wore around Yorkshire in those days.

Regards John.

Brilliant shot

ramone:

old 67:

peterq5422:

f

Regards John.

Brilliant shot

Nice one Peter, Farmer would like that. Les.

peterq5422:

Another great photo Pete

Hi guys I am hoping some of you remember my dad from Ashworths his name is Allen Fawcett, apparently he built the cages on the trailers he used for the tractors to go on and he was the first to take them to France

I would love photos of his wagon if anyone remembers and his nick name was hayseed which he hated…he said they were all great people to work with and mentioned names like rug head, Derek foster, Tony Waterhouse and frank Macquade

Sorry to post it here but Allen passed away Friday morning but was always fond of these days

AllenFawcettsson:
Hi guys I am hoping some of you remember my dad from Ashworths his name is Allen Fawcett, apparently he built the cages on the trailers he used for the tractors to go on and he was the first to take them to France

I would love photos of his wagon if anyone remembers and his nick name was hayseed which he hated…he said they were all great people to work with and mentioned names like rug head, Derek foster, Tony Waterhouse and frank Macquade

Sorry to post it here but Allen passed away Friday morning but was always fond of these days

Sorry to hear that , do you know which lorry he drove