James c ashworth of bradford

RIP George
sorry for your loss just seen my dad he mentioned your dads passing deepest condolences steve

scud:
Here,s a shot of one of our guy warriors after it had been cut down from a 4 wheeler into a tractor unit when not on wool we did general haulage this is a load out of green,s in keighley foundry equiptment for the midlands then probably into tipton for a load of press packs back to bradford.
Cheer,s Richard.

scud , how did the Warrior stand-up to the heavier work load after the conversion from a rigid ?.

shugg:

scud:
Here,s a shot of one of our guy warriors after it had been cut down from a 4 wheeler into a tractor unit when not on wool we did general haulage this is a load out of green,s in keighley foundry equiptment for the midlands then probably into tipton for a load of press packs back to bradford.
Cheer,s Richard.

scud , how did the Warrior stand-up to the heavier work load after the conversion from a rigid ?.

Hi shugg, It struggled with 20 ton on it,s back you had to pick your way about a bit ,coming from liverpool at the end of the east lancs they would n,t go up agecroft you had to round past the race cource and if going to sheffield you had to go to wakefield as going over thougoland was too hard ,having said that they still went up to scotland and down to devon all before the motorways ,when we got the AECmandators thing s changed they were a better motor altogether though father expected them to carry 30ton + .

Cheers Richard.

steve brearley:
message to all that knew george brearley aka ( JUD ) passed away this morning 530 rip dad.

sorry to hear about your loss Kenny Wilde rang me this morning .
I was saddened to hear the news
regards dave.

scud:

shugg:

scud:
Cheer,s Richard.

Hi shugg, It struggled with 20 ton on it,s back you had to pick your way about a bit ,coming from liverpool at the end of the east lancs they would n,t go up agecroft you had to round past the race cource and if going to sheffield you had to go to wakefield as going over thougoland was too hard ,having said that they still went up to scotland and down to devon all before the motorways ,when we got the AECmandators thing s changed they were a better motor altogether though father expected them to carry 30ton + .

Cheers Richard.

Thanks for your reply scud , Iam sure youll agree with me that what happened to a very good product like AEC , if this product had been developed properly AEC would still be with us and exported all over the world , British Leyland shown hang its head in shame !!! .

chrisheap:

scud:

chrisheap:
my old man jack heap. black jack drove f88 mwr 903p

peterq5422:
I haven’t seen the article no and the p reg f88 was driven by les keen my dad thinks

Hi Chris i know your dad well Jack , he works we me at joda freight.

yeh hi scud spoke to my old man last week he said that you had seen i posted a message on here. this sight brings back some great childhood memories.

Hello Chris, is this chris that I took down to devon back in the 80’s when we worked in lairage at borthwicks ?, cheers.

Hello all you ex ashworth drivers hope you are all in good health had a good night at the last reunion remanising with old faces roy bird drove that a e c 6 wheeler he ran out of leeds with castings into IH idle i lost count how many times he lost castings off that wagon driving fast Billy nickolson who drove the under 3 ton bedford called roy ( tebbie ) roy only had a class 2 so jack ashworth decided to put roy through his class 1 roy failed jack said to roy i have paid all that money out to find out you are a ******* idiot roy replied if you had given me a tenner i would have told you any way my clame to fame was to drive over iron bridge in shopshire i stopped for directions at a butchers shop the butcher said you can drive over the bridge or go 12 miles round i was driving a volvo f86 loaded with cab frames not a lot weight but whot a load i thaught who dares wins i drove over the bridge was it tight you bet as you get over the other side there is a steep incline on a bend wheels spinning had to revers back second attemt yes as climed the hill onto the flat a car waved me over the driver said to me i have just followed you over the bridge and i am the bridge sherriff if you had been 5 minutes earlyer i would have missed you i said to him can you go back 5minutes he was not ammused i wish still had the photagraph they took fined £75 no points ha ha how is bob q doing not seen him for awhile ps i was the envy of all the drivers when i started going out with mandy she worked in shipping at IH IDLE

Hows that for a loaded ERF Scud ,one of Fielders.Its on the front cover of Peter Davies Book without the canopy.

hiya hamster was the f86 sjx 208l

Hi steve yes the F86 was sjx 208l

yeh my dad drove that for while they got three f86 from Jeffries of otley think bob q got it after him or one of the others think my dad left ashes to work for a firm from the isle of ma n going abroad pulling du forest work witch was also called ashworths then went back to hilltop ashes.

paul summers747:
Hi steve yes the F86 was sjx 208l

Evening Paul are you the Paul Summers who lives at hainworth ? if so we are almost neighbours ,do you remember when i towed you back from grassington in the leyland you bought with half the cab missing ’
Cheer,s Richard.

Hi richard i have not seen you about for a while i am the same one you towed from grassington i baught that cab and chassis for spares for that clydesdale skip wagon i had how are the family keeping have not seen your dad for ages will have to get together and catch up

paul summers747:
Hi richard i have not seen you about for a while i am the same one you towed from grassington i baught that cab and chassis for spares for that clydesdale skip wagon i had how are the family keeping have not seen your dad for ages will have to get together and catch up

I will call in and see you next time i go up to the yard Paul , farther is well he was 84 last week we ll have to have a pint or two in the Guide ,i,ll bring dad with me.
Cheers Richard.

paul summers747:
Hello all you ex ashworth drivers hope you are all in good health had a good night at the last reunion remanising with old faces roy bird drove that a e c 6 wheeler he ran out of leeds with castings into IH idle i lost count how many times he lost castings off that wagon driving fast Billy nickolson who drove the under 3 ton bedford called roy ( tebbie ) roy only had a class 2 so jack ashworth decided to put roy through his class 1 roy failed jack said to roy i have paid all that money out to find out you are a ******* idiot roy replied if you had given me a tenner i would have told you any way my clame to fame was to drive over iron bridge in shopshire i stopped for directions at a butchers shop the butcher said you can drive over the bridge or go 12 miles round i was driving a volvo f86 loaded with cab frames not a lot weight but whot a load i thaught who dares wins i drove over the bridge was it tight you bet as you get over the other side there is a steep incline on a bend wheels spinning had to revers back second attemt yes as climed the hill onto the flat a car waved me over the driver said to me i have just followed you over the bridge and i am the bridge sherriff if you had been 5 minutes earlyer i would have missed you i said to him can you go back 5minutes he was not ammused i wish still had the photagraph they took fined £75 no points ha ha how is bob q doing not seen him for awhile ps i was the envy of all the drivers when i started going out with mandy she worked in shipping at IH IDLE

Hi Paul woody here i hope you are well i see you have left Crossleys the bridge you went over i allso went over that two when i was at
Bebbs 20 ton off castings came in from the wrong end should ave go through Bridge north i got down to it there is no going back
i have to say it was a bit scary but i did not get nicked keep in touch paul hy’m allways watching this thread
regards Dave

Hi dave remember that bonfire night in black dog in lincoln some one put a match in a box of fireworks the lights went out and all hell let loose the bar filled with smoke and sparkes flu what a laugh and what anight

paul summers747:
Hi dave remember that bonfire night in black dog in lincoln some one put a match in a box of fireworks the lights went out and all hell let loose the bar filled with smoke and sparkes flu what a laugh and what anight

Hi Paul November the fifth 1986 remember it well you was at Barretts i was at magnet a good night out, indoor fire works on the bar top
it was a laugh, what you doing now you have’t called it a draw have you i think i will be giving up this year
but if i do i will miss the crack hope you keep in touch, like Richard said we should go for a drink up at the guide
we could do a few miles and strip down a few motors and have a bit of banter
regards Dave.

Hi dave i keep trying to retire but i soon get fed up it is nice to have the choice to work or not to work i have had a few jobs since crossley evens but still looking for the right job arnt we all here is another tale from ashworths kelvin bonnie ronnie mick the mechanic barry the welder and myself where having a sandwich one morning in walks jack ashworth wots going on said jack i replied we are having tea break jack replied we are going to start working tea breaks and having the rest of the day off or words to that effect any way it is nice to hear from you all we all have a good tale to tell we will have to have another get together and sup some diesel

Hi dave i keep trying to retire but i soon get fed up it is nice to have the choice to work or not to work i have had a few jobs since crossley evens but still looking for the right job arnt we all here is another tale from ashworths kelvin bonnie ronnie mick the mechanic barry the welder and myself where having a sandwich one morning in walks jack ashworth wots going on said jack i replied we are having tea break jack replied we are going to start working tea breaks and having the rest of the day off or words to that effect any way it is nice to hear from you all we all have a good tale to tell we will have to have another get together and sup some diesel

scud:
0Here,s another for you.

I think the driver of F88 is jim cullymore is that little BoB from vetnor st garage at the side of him