Jaguar Land Rover solihull

Hi all
Iv seen a few job vacancys for jlr just wondered if anyone had any experience with them what are the shifts, pay like are there any nights out?

Or does anyone know any jobs which are 9/10 hours a day with no nights out would be ideal

Thanks for any help

One of my mates drives for them , he’s on shunting nights mega money but putting the hours12/ hours but looking at doing 46 k plus a year .
Think for the first year you only get paid 75/80 percent of the full time drivers after a year it goes up …

garnib:
One of my mates drives for them , he’s on shunting nights mega money but putting the hours12/ hours but looking at doing 46 k plus a year .
Think for the first year you only get paid 75/80 percent of the full time drivers after a year it goes up …

do you know if thats through JLR directly? I see plain units with lads in the JLR uniform driving them but no one can answer if they’re actually on the books or just DHL guys.

I work there at the min on the production line but would definitely try and get into that if I could get the move internally.

DHL mate think they have the contract for it … I looked at going but didn’t fancy nights
Don’t think they are setting on at mo , as one of our drivers contacted them …
you have to put the hours in mate , but not hard work lot of waiting round …

garnib:
DHL mate think they have the contract for it … I looked at going but didn’t fancy nights
Don’t think they are setting on at mo , as one of our drivers contacted them …
you have to put the hours in mate , but not hard work lot of waiting round …

ahh ok, thats the end of that then :laughing:

Yeah the whole site is on a slow down at the min, us JLR lads are on an overtime ban due to 2 new models being delayed and the jag XE being moved to Castle Brom. If anything, i’d say they would be looking to lose a few people.

thanks.

Interesting considering the D5 is being unveiled soon. I would have thought it was all hands on deck right now.
Maybe you can answer a question that’s causing quite some concern in another forum I’m part of.
Does the discovery 5 have a split tailgate like the d3/4 or is it, as we are led to believe a single piece unit?
You’d be amazed the concern over this pretty mundane item!

109LWB:
Interesting considering the D5 is being unveiled soon. I would have thought it was all hands on deck right now.
Maybe you can answer a question that’s causing quite some concern in another forum I’m part of.
Does the discovery 5 have a split tailgate like the d3/4 or is it, as we are led to believe a single piece unit?
You’d be amazed the concern over this pretty mundane item!

the D5 is one of the models thats been delayed due to supplier/software issues. D4 has finished (last week) now as well so that shop (final assembly 1) that builds it is a model down.

Regarding the split tailgate, I have no idea. I work in the new shop that builds the Jaguar XE,F-pace and RR sport. I did see one a few months back but it was all camo’d up so I couldn’t tell. My old man works in FA1 though so i’ll ask him tonight if he knows.