Jacques transport

Does anyone recall Jacques,a heavy haulage outfit that predominanty used the Scammell unit and low loaders?

I remember them from the early 70’s around the North Circular area of London,dark blue motors?

5thwheel:
Does anyone recall Jacques,a heavy haulage outfit that predominanty used the Scammell unit and low loaders?

I remember them from the early 70’s around the North Circular area of London,dark blue motors?

Yes mate Jacques were from Watford, used to be down Imperial Way on the industrial estate.

I remember them having Atkinsons that would have been about 1975 - 76 ish, my memory’s terrible these days :laughing: :laughing: .

Bob.

bobw:

5thwheel:

Yes mate Jacques were from Watford, used to be down Imperial Way on the industrial estate.

I remember them having Atkinsons that would have been about 1975 - 76 ish, my memory’s terrible these days :laughing: :laughing: .

Bob.

Hiya …I worked at J Harrison Milton stoke on trent. A chap come and worked with us(1977ish) and he had been working at Jakes…(Jacques) as he called them
his name was Kenny Hunter I hav’nt seen him for maybe 15 years,He was doing containers for MFS Stoke (blue lorries)the last time i saw him.
John

Jacques were taken over by Hallet Silberman.

Dave.

my dad worked for ron jacques when their yard was in wales farm road acton next door to elizebeth arden in the 60s he left just as they was moving to imperial way he used to say 14 hours aint enough and 18 aint to many but they was a good crowd to work for