Jack's Motors Scammel Crusader Scale Model Help

Another of my oddball requests for help I’m afraid!

I’m planning to scratch build a 1/24 scale model of a 1970s Scammel Crusader based on that operated by Jack’s Motors of Blackburn. I have so far come across a couple of photos of the actual beast on the forum, but if anyone can help with other photos, or information about Jack’s generally, that would be a big help.

More important than photos though - can anyone help with drawings / dimensions / brochures of the Crusader which would help me put together a set of working drawings for the model build? Or point me in the right direction for obtaining such detail? I’ve done a general Google search and tried eBay for brochures but so far without success.

Any help gratefully received, thanks

Heres a pic and some adverts chap. :wink:

A00493.JPG

1974 Jacks motors tamplin.PNG

Thanks for the info Dean, appreciated.

“old lost haulier memories” group on Facebook had some post regarding Jacks with some photos of the crusaders,

You would have to join the group then search “jacks”

Good luck, Steve

Many thanks for that Steve - I’ll take a look at that one!

does this help. Exploded view of my Crusader project

DEANB:
Heres a pic and some adverts chap. :wink:

The Tamplin Ad is interesting as we ran a couple of tippers at Bewick Transport and both had a Tamplin power pack powered by a Briggs and Stratton 16 h.p. single cylinder engine.

Sorry for the late reply gents, been a bit out of action for a couple of weeks. Thanks for taking the trouble to post the information - the exploded view is great help! But the advert images are sadly showing as no longer available. I’ve just adapted the Scammel resin cab of the model and sorted the rather awkward reconstruction to create to the day cab version, so things are now taking shape. Not the easiest one I’ve tackled, but it’ll get there!

Thanks again for the help.

paulsavage:
Sorry for the late reply gents, been a bit out of action for a couple of weeks. Thanks for taking the trouble to post the information - the exploded view is great help! But the advert images are sadly showing as no longer available. I’ve just adapted the Scammel resin cab of the model and sorted the rather awkward reconstruction to create to the day cab version, so things are now taking shape. Not the easiest one I’ve tackled, but it’ll get there!

Thanks again for the help.

Just scroll up the page and you’ll find the ‘no longer available’ ads still intact (they only say ‘not available’ on the quotes when people reply :wink: )

Thanks for that - looks like I mis-read the post somewhat and thought the quote was a new reply. Now I feel like a bloody idiot! :laughing: one day I’ll get the brain in gear (perhaps!)

paulsavage:
Thanks for that - looks like I mis-read the post somewhat and thought the quote was a new reply. Now I feel like a bloody idiot! :laughing: one day I’ll get the brain in gear (perhaps!)

Not an idiot. I’ve done the same :laughing:

My late father used to paint all Jacks motors trucks when he was foreman coachpainter at Motor Bodies blackburn ltd at the top of Audley next to the canal.