Jacks Hill Cafe Gathering 15th April Photo's

Remember the Tower Cafes on the main trunk roads, A1, A4, A5, A30 and A40 ? The last survivor, now “Jack’s Hill Café”, at Towcester, stages a very special event, on Sunday April 15th, 2012, organized by Glen McBurnie and friends. If you remember days on the road before tachos and mobile phones; handball loads, sheets and ropes, looking for digs, changing wheels, etc., then come and join a gathering of old lorry drivers. The café opens from 7-30 am. Bring your stories, photos, old lorries if you have them, but mainly yourselves! All welcome, no booking in — just turn up!
Info from my mate Alan Spillett.Sounds a great do.I hope to be there.
Cheers Dave.

Anyone off here going ?

I hope to go and take a few pics.

Don’t seem to be many on this forum interested :unamused: .

Might have a look at it Dave, had plenty of good meals and nights out there over the years. Just hope that big bird with all the tattoos has left, she used to unerve me a bit :open_mouth: :laughing:

Never been there John.Alan Spillett told me about it.He’s looking forward to going so it should be OK.
Cheer’s Dave.

altitude:
Might have a look at it Dave, had plenty of good meals and nights out there over the years. Just hope that big bird with all the tattoos has left, she used to unerve me a bit :open_mouth: :laughing:

Think she’s still there and more intimidating than ever :laughing:

I may well go if the weather is kind !

:laughing:

Trev_H:

altitude:

Sounds good Trev, maybe we can all go as a gang :wink: …they say there’s safety in numbers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

altitude:
:lol:

Trev_H:

altitude:

Sounds good Trev, maybe we can all go as a gang :wink: …they say there’s safety in numbers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Where can I get a tattoo :laughing: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Trev_H:

altitude:

Cheers Dave.

You don’t need one Dave, she will put one on you with her evil eyes. :open_mouth:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Trev_H:

altitude:

Cheers Dave.

You don’t need one Dave, she will put one on you with her evil eyes. :open_mouth:

I’d better bring the Dog along John,he did growl quite fierce tonight when someone came down our drive :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Trev_H:

altitude:

Cheers Dave.

I’d better bring the Dog along John,he did growl quite fierce tonight when someone came down our drive :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

He will do more than growl Dave if he sees her poor little bugger :open_mouth: A fully grown bear would run from that. :laughing:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Dave the Renegade:

altitude:

Trev_H:

altitude:

Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave.

He will do more than growl Dave if he sees her poor little bugger :open_mouth: A fully grown bear would run from that. :laughing:

Our neighbour has got a Bear John,will have to see if I can borrow him :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Won’t be able to make the ‘event’ but remember the cafe very well, first stayed there in 1967 when a bed was 10/- (ten bob) breakfast not included. Used to stop over a couple of times a week up till 1977 when I got a sleeper cab. Friday night if there was nothing on telly it was down town to ‘The Ice House’ for a jar or two. Last went there about four years ago, still a good breakfast then.

Dave the Renegade:
Remember the Tower Cafes on the main trunk roads, A1, A4, A5, A30 and A40 ? The last survivor, now “Jack’s Hill Café”, at Towcester, stages a very special event, on Sunday April 15th, 2012, organized by Glen McBurnie and friends. If you remember days on the road before tachos and mobile phones; handball loads, sheets and ropes, looking for digs, changing wheels, etc., then come and join a gathering of old lorry drivers. The café opens from 7-30 am. Bring your stories, photos, old lorries if you have them, but mainly yourselves! All welcome, no booking in — just turn up!
Bumped this thread back up in case anyone missed it first time around.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Took the old ERF B series to the gathering, I travelled with my dad a lot in the late 70’s and stopped here on many Friday nights when he trunked for Syms of Calne. Brought back loads of memories. Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers for a great day and I look forward to next year. Kev brake

Dave the Renegade:

Dave the Renegade:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

brake1275:
Took the old ERF B series to the gathering, I travelled with my dad a lot in the late 70’s and stopped here on many Friday nights when he trunked for Syms of Calne. Brought back loads of memories. Just wanted to say thanks to the organisers for a great day and I look forward to next year. Kev brake

Dave the Renegade:

Dave the Renegade:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Got some pics of your ERF Kev,will post them when I upload them.Thanks to the organisers from me as well.
Cheers Dave.