Jacks Hill Cafe at Towcester closed

Cut’n’pasted from FaceBook:

It is with deep regret that we must announce the closing of Jacks Hill Cafe with immediate effect.
Whilst we have worked relentlessly to steer the Business through Road Closures, the Pandemic, erratic food supplies and Utilities price increases, both the financial impact coupled with staff shortages has left us with no option but to close.
The truck park will stay open, providing secure overnight parking and toilet/shower facilities, sadly no food will be available on site. However there are local takeaway’s etc that deliver to site. And less than 10 minutes to Aldi / Tesco / Towcester .
May we take this opportunity to thank the staff who have supported us throughout, also the customers both regular and passing trade and wish all of you good health for the future.
Regards
Jacks Hill Cafe

Sad day.
When I started I ate there very often. Off my beat now though.

Even slept there. Looking on Google, what is now “Joe`s Automotive” two storey building was (if memory serves) their dormitory.

It is another long standing place gone to the wall

that’s sad news…often stopped there before the pandemic,often went to biker event’s as well.the new owners bought it just before the lockdown’s,and have struggled since :frowning:

I guess Allie will be pouring mugs of tea elsewhere now then?

Proper transport cafes are a dying breed soon to be extinct

robthedog:
Proper transport cafes are a dying breed soon to be extinct

Amen to that. Trouble is, a lot of the younger drivers dont know that there is a few that still exist and if they did, they would probably get a rollicking for going off route to use one. Saying that, they would probably prefer to stop at a Mcgregskfcking

It wasn’t just for truckers, our local Hells Angels Chapter used to hold rallies there. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not Jacks Hill cafe…

No, the photo was taken on the A5 near Towcester on the way to Jacks Hill Cafe.

Going Up The Road with Hell`s Angels
youtube.com/watch?v=ejTsvO6dMvA

Sorry! Typo!

Harry Monk:
No, the photo was taken on the A5 near Towcester on the way to Jacks Hill Cafe.

Which one is you?

I used to use Jacks Hill in the 50s onwards, The last time I was there was April 2016 At the wagon show I met up with Paul Motyka & his Good Lady, Happy days in my book, Larry.

In ye olde days aka 1970 I drove with ma and we stopped at Towcester en route to the steel city.

After you turned left off the A43 this place was on the left hand side going north towards Weedon, still I think in Towcester. Is that/was that Jacks cafe?

Sand Fisher:
In ye olde days aka 1970 I drove with ma and we stopped at Towcester en route to the steel city.

After you turned left off the A43 this place was on the left hand side going north towards Weedon, still I think in Towcester. Is that/was that Jacks cafe?

Just north of Towcester. It had an Esso fuel station there for a quite a while.

went by Jacks’ yesterday,and there is a banner on the far wall proclaiming ’ No DHL here’! …i’ve got to find out what that’s all about :confused:

Update the whole site will be closed from the end of this month the cafe is already shut but the truck stop will join it from the end of this month February 2022

carryfast-yeti:
went by Jacks’ yesterday,and there is a banner on the far wall proclaiming ’ No DHL here’! …i’ve got to find out what that’s all about :confused:

dhl-towcester.consultationonline.co.uk/

dhl-towcester.consultationonlin … ition-new/

Strange how a massive new distribution hub is coming they close the place where trucks can park :open_mouth:

This country is going to the dogs, in a scarily rapid fashion.

Which worries me, as this is my home. At the same time, I have a way out, and have started to consider it…

thetastytrucker:

carryfast-yeti:

dhl-towcester.consultationonline.co.uk/

dhl-towcester.consultationonlin … ition-new/

Strange how a massive new distribution hub is coming they close the place where trucks can park :open_mouth:

Starting to despise that particular organization with their perennial - ‘massive hubs’- uglifying the landscape.I’d sure hate to work for them in any capacity. Such a tangible bad corporatey vibe,hyper- regulated,battery-farm feeling l pick up on whenever i’ve had the misfortune to grace their premises.