Jacks Hill Cafe, A5, Towcester

I’m parked here tonight & have just been informed the owner, John, passed away last Thursday, still working in the cafe.
There was a threat of immediate closure but the family have been persuaded to keep it open with the help of some local catering workers untill mid Feb.
It may not be your favourite port of call or even the most modern ( it dates back to the 50’s as a transport cafe) but if we don’t use it & support the present management it will just become another closed truckstop statistic.
So if your passing on the A5, A43 or even the M1 (2 miles away) why not call in for dinner, brekkie or just a cup & show them how much we need facilities like these to stay open.
You canfollow them on facebook to :slight_smile:

So this is true then (if above is true):-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79284

it might be up for sale then, what do you think it would cost, could it be made to pay its way. i know it needed a dozer through the parking area to fill the holes.

Snudger:
So this is true then (if above is true):-

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=79284

all sounds fishy

Got a bit of a soft spot for that dump. Used to stay there in the early - mid 2000’s when doing agency work for Tesco NDC & Fenny Lock, Milton Keynes.

Before the M1 was finished and when I was a child it was part of a group of transport cafes that went up the A5 called ‘Tower Cafes’ if you look at the building the small tower is still there. Many fond memories still live in my mind :slight_smile:

It is gaining a good reputation amongst bikers and advertises in many magazines to do with the sport. I thought it was owned by a Greek woman.

Was he the tall bald bloke with the glasses, looked a bit like lardy da gunner graham from it ain’t half hot mum. Apparrantly was in a relationship with big Tracy. She’s the one that if she said it was thursday then thursday it was :open_mouth:

Driveroneuk:
Got a bit of a soft spot for that dump.

Me too. I liked it, i wouldn’t describe it as a dump though. Granted its not hi tec, but it has everything showers, saftey of parking in numbers, get your breakfast,dinner, tea and even get your tea late. Ticked all my boxes, and only a short walk to nearest supermarkets, town centre if you needed to.

:question:

gunnerheskey:
Was he the tall bald bloke with the glasses, looked a bit like lardy da gunner graham from it ain’t half hot mum. Apparrantly was in a relationship with big Tracy. She’s the one that if she said it was thursday then thursday it was :open_mouth:

Who’s big Tracy, is she the fat bird covered in tattoos :question: