Jacks and tools

What jacks and tools are people using, looking to change some of our older bits with some newer safer bits.
New jacks are top of the list but wouldn’t mind some other shiney new tools!

Older stuff will probably be a lot better quality than newer stuff. I use air trolley jacks and bottle jacks but have column lifts and axle stands which take away a lot of the need for jacks.

Cordless electric impact wrenches are good enough now to do a lot of wheel nuts and only break out the 1" air gun for the most stubborn. Use cordless grinders a lot as well.

I have found that the wind up 65/1 torque mutiplier, which can be had for less than £100, is absolutely invaluable. It saves a lot of wear and tear on my rather ancient 1" impact gun. At the other end of the financial scale a large Snap On click-type torque wrench was mega bucks 20 years ago, but never needs any adjustment when re-calibrating and is so much lighter and easier to use than break-arm or alternative brands. If I was buying a lot of hand tools again I would go for Stahlwille and benefit from a 50% lighter tool box to drag around.

torque multiplier (Nielsen £90) godsend even my mrs can use it , although she still struggling with new washing machine

We’ve got one of those torque multipliers for doing the tractor wheels a lot easier than 5ft of scaff bar!

I’ve used those hand crank torque multipliers and they’re handy to keep as an emergency or the owner driver who might want to remove a wheel once in a blue moon but if you had a brake job on an eight wheeler that needed all the wheels off or you’re working in any sort of commercial workshop they aren’t going to be any good.

Sealey air bottle jacks are very good we just bought one and are very pleased