Jack Richards and son

Is anyone aware of any changes at the above large haulier,they were members of the Transport Association( a club for the largest privately owned transport companies)but I understand they have given there notice to terminate there membership,this would indicate that the ownership of Richards was changing as the members would not agree to transfer the ownership to a new entity.

When I worked there a few years back there was a rumour that when Jack passed away the business would be sold to Stobarts.

I understand that Jack Richards and Son Ltd has been purchased by Eddie Stobart ltd

Jack’s classic fleet is up for auction.
Bernard

Hasn’t there been rumours before about Richards selling to Stobart,2008,2011
And again in 2016…

Guess they will have to change it to…

“You WERE following one of the best!”

they put out vacancy for ZERO hours class 1 drivwr job…that smells Stobarty lol

Gardner6LYT:
I understand that Jack Richards and Son Ltd has been purchased by Eddie Stobart ltd

The fact that there now two vacancies on the Eddie Stobart website recruiting for ‘Norwich’ and ‘Norfolk’ is probably a sign. I am unaware of any current Stobart depots in Norfolk.

djt1881:

Gardner6LYT:

The fact that there now two vacancies on the Eddie Stobart website recruiting for ‘Norwich’ and ‘Norfolk’ is probably a sign. I am unaware of any current Stobart depots in Norfolk.

I’ve thought for a while, they would be an acquisition target, would put money on a fair-sized firm a bit further north being next. Both firms would be a good business fit.