Jack knifed lorry

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35541112

Seen the pictures of it all I can say is oops

But it’s not jack-knifed.

Cosmic:

I know, typical journos

Motorists took to social media to share their annoyance at the driver it says, i feel for him as it’s bad enough driving a normal hgv through London let alone an over size one during rush hour.

id say he did well getting it as far as he did without a minor whoopsie,if it was me,id have taken out half of London getting it there…that’s a guy who earned his wages…and to the ones that took to social media to voice their annoyance…complete fannys,who cares about some gobshit lemmings. :unamused:

I certainly wouldn’t be able to get that far. Credit to the driver.

Cosmic:

Since when has a little thing like facts ever stopped the media from dramatising things?

Read on another site the unit hit some oil on the road causing the unit to slide and get wedged against the kerb

Jesus, that is one big motor, hats off to those who take 'em into dumps like that there lundun, made of better stuff than me.

From the pics further down the story it looks like he was trying to do a U-ey. If so then not much sympathy as that was never going to happen with the front bogey.

I may be missing something, but shurley something that size needs a pre-determined route and times to travel into the big ■■■■■ hole. ?

Carl Usher:
From the pics further down the story it looks like he was trying to do a U-ey. If so then not much sympathy as that was never going to happen with the front bogey.

No he wasn’t he was making a turn which was on his route. the drive axles slid sideways, it is suspected due to oil or diesel on the road the trailer weight then pushed the unit sideways until the point of no return. the unit is then stuck unable to push backwards or pull forwards. sometimes even the best of the best get into trouble for no fault of their own. before the know it alls come , if you even know what a neck 3 bed 4 is then you doing better than most, if you know how its steered and why a unit with no grip on the drive will struggle you get extra points. if you understand the point of no return for a steered trailer you get this months trophy for being smart arse of the month

Cosmic:

Erm .

Perhaps we might define jacknifed as trailer becoming dominant steering entity and not the tractor ■■

In which case this is jacknifed . only the kerb has stopped cab getting knocked off .

That’s really unlucky for the poor driver, he clearly didn’t aim for that!

And you’d have to be off your head to think he’d be trying to do a U turn in that! Even Dozy wouldn’t attempt that!

Rikki-UK:

Carl Usher:

No he wasn’t he was making a turn which was on his route. the drive axles slid sideways, it is suspected due to oil or diesel on the road the trailer weight then pushed the unit sideways until the point of no return. the unit is then stuck unable to push backwards or pull forwards. sometimes even the best of the best get into trouble for no fault of their own. before the know it alls come , if you even know what a neck 3 bed 4 is then you doing better than most, if you know how its steered and why a unit with no grip on the drive will struggle you get extra points. if you understand the point of no return for a steered trailer you get this months trophy for being smart arse of the month

I know what it is and how it works and also understand the physics in how it could’ve ended up where it did (as you’ve said above) but from the pics it does look like he was trying to do a U-ey. The road to the right looks like it’s restricted access from the signs - perhaps going on to a pedestrian precinct? Really intending to go down there? :scratchchin:

The route will have been planned and measured for a load like that beforehand to ensure it is viable.

Carl Usher:

Rikki-UK:

Carl Usher:

I know what it is and how it works and also understand the physics in how it could’ve ended up where it did (as you’ve said above) but from the pics it does look like he was trying to do a U-ey. The road to the right looks like it’s restricted access from the signs - perhaps going on to a pedestrian precinct? Really intending to go down there? :scratchchin:

Stop digging as the hole you are in is getting deeper :laughing:

Hub for bking copy.jpgWhile I can’t comment cos the road layouts have changed slightly since the 40+ years since I last went anywhere near Sheperds Bush, I can help b king with a picture of a reduction hub. Hope it helps him understand.

Hub for bking copy.jpg

While I can’t comment cos the road layouts have changed slightly since the 40+ years since I last went anywhere near Sheperds Bush, I can help b king with a picture of a reduction hub. Hope it helps him understand.
Not sure if this counts as a double or triple post. :unamused: