J32 - J33 M6 weekend closures coming up

ADVANCE WARNING (UPDATED)
M6 J32 - J33 is to be CLOSED in both directions for three weekends in a row.
From 10th Jan to 13th Jan, 17th to 20th Jan and 24th to 27th Jan. (8pm Friday til 5am Monday). Severe delays are likely.

Source: Highways England

That’s a long stretch of motorway to be shut overnight.
Alternative route up a6 is easy enough just a lot of stop start for traffic lights n roundabouts etc

edd1974:
That’s a long stretch of motorway to be shut overnight.
Alternative route up a6 is easy enough just a lot of stop start for traffic lights n roundabouts etc

It’s not just overnight it’s the whole weekend.

M6 roadworks:

Three weekends of full motorway closures have now been announced!

The removal of a footbridge on the M6 will close the highway for up to three weekends.

Closures were due to be in place between junction 32 and junction 33 of the M6
However it now seems that the closures will be in place on during the weekends of January 10th to the 13th,
The M6 will close on Friday at 8pm and reopen on Monday at 5am on each weekend.
Highways England says it is necessary to remove the Nans ■■■■ footbridge, located just south of Lancaster services at Wyre Way, for operational reasons.
All the work will be subject to weather conditions, there is a possibility that the work could be cancelled at short notice, or be extended.
A spokesperson said: "I am now able to confirm that these planned works are indeed full closures of the M6 between Junction J32 Broughton and J33 HampsonGreen.
“The roads are scheduled to be closed in both directions on the weekends of Jan 10th - 13th,

EDITED IN LINE WITH LATEST PRESS RELEASE BELOW.

I DO WISH THEY’D MAKE THEIR BLOODY MIND UP!

Another notification has just come up.

Highways England has somewhat backtracked on an earlier announcement stating the M6 will be closed for three full weekends in January.

The organisation had previously stated the motorway would shut from January 10 to 13, 17 to 20 and 24 to 27, in order for a bridge removal to take place.

This was itself an alteration to previously announced closures between junction 32 and junction 33, which ran from January 6 until January 19, with a full closure only on one weekend.

But now Highways England has confirmed the M6 is scheduled to be closed for one weekend only between January 10 and 13.

Time will tell. I guess. But as says wether dependant. So who knows.

But now Highways England has confirmed the M6 is scheduled to be closed for one weekend only between January 10 and 13.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they probably just organised a one off double decker trunk with stobarts from charnock to forton. :slight_smile:

Hi Biffo,

According to the Highways England site,
Still closed for the next 3 weekends…

Some one needs to get the correct information out asap,
As it’s getting confusing as to what to plan for.

They are removing the footbridge, it’s on Twitter, will try to find it

twitter.com/HighwaysYORKS/statu … 59523?s=09

biggriffin:

Have you seen the load of glass on the M1 tonight ?

Punchy Dan:

biggriffin:

Have you seen the load of glass on the M1 tonight ?

Nope, am in tut grim north, whereabouts on M1…

Modify, yes just seen it on Twitter, Whoops.

Don’t forget guys, this is from tonight for all weekend, nights & days until monday 5am. (Unless they change their minds again, or the weather is too wet / warm/ snowy / windy.)

Came through the n/b diversion at Garstang this morning around 7 7.30ish.
No probs, ran clear, but will be a lot different as the day goes on I reckon.
Is it the footbridge connecting Forton msa n and s ?
If so why? :neutral_face: , structural I suppose, …but it was always handy in the old days walking across from s/b side to the transport cafe in the tower. :smiley:

Just checked Traffic England and used the cameras, congestion on M55 eastbound towards the M6, heavy congestion southbound M6 J34 - J33. Congestion N/B M6 from J31A

I’m southbound on it right now and it’s properly stuffed both ways! 2 hours so far and not even reached garstang. Fortunately took a 45 at killington lake.

dieseldog999:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
they probably just organised a one off double decker trunk with stobarts from charnock to forton. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
:laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
If so why? :neutral_face: , structural I suppose, …but it was always handy in the old days walking across from s/b side to the transport cafe in the tower. :smiley:

Is it not for the bridge that got thumped by the truck a while ago? The one that has been on stilts ever since the Volvo was removed as a support pillar?

toonsy:

robroy:

Is it not for the bridge that got thumped by the truck a while ago? The one that has been on stilts ever since the Volvo was removed as a support pillar?

Nope it’s nan’s ■■■■ footbridge, would not surprise me the one hit by a truck will be demolished next

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Went tru it in a morning 5 a clock ish northbound not big problems, on the way back decided not to take my chances, came off at 34 than Lancaster and 588, garstang road, 585 and m55

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk