J31-J32, M6 overnight closures

Drivers using the M6 and M55 around Preston in Lancashire are being advised that some overnight carriageway closures will be taking place this weekend and on Monday night as part of the £7m pinch point widening improvements.

The Highways Agency is widening the northbound carriageway of the M6 ahead of and through junction 32 at Broughton Interchange where the motorway meets the M55.

Full carriageway closures of the northbound M6 between junction 31 and junction 32 as well as the southbound M6 within junction 32 will be taking place overnight on the following nights:

· Overnight tonight (Friday 29 August) from 10pm until 6am tomorrow (Saturday 30 August)

· Tomorrow night (Saturday 30 August) from 9pm to 6am on Sunday (31 August)

· Sunday night (31 August) from 9pm to 6am on Monday (1 September)

· Monday night (1 September) from 9pm to 6am on Tuesday (2 September)

Clearly-signed diversions will be in place.

Drivers heading north along the M6 should leave at junction 31 and rejoin the motorway at junction 32 via the A59, A5085, A6 and eastbound M55.

Drivers heading south along the M6 southbound will need to join the westbound M55 from junction 32 and use the roundabout with the A6 at junction 1 to join the eastbound M55 and the link road for the southbound M6.

The closures are needed to allow the installation of a ‘superspan’ gantry to carry signs across the widened carriageway.

The work has been planned with awareness of this weekend’s illuminations events in Blackpool. No one leaving Blackpool after tonight’s events and those across the weekend will be directly affected by the carriageway closures or need to take any diversions but traffic around Broughton roundabout at junction 1 of the M55 and on the eastbound M55 itself will be monitored tonight before the closures are effected.

Thanks for that I am so glad I turned down the 3am start :laughing:

Nice one,thank’s Biffo…look’s like I’ll have stay awake on the road tonight instead of auto pilot .
If I see any wombles around tonight I’ll give you a toot and wake ya up :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like I got out of Blackpool ahead of all this.

ShropsBri:
Nice one,thank’s Biffo…look’s like I’ll have stay awake on the road tonight instead of auto pilot .
If I see any wombles around tonight I’ll give you a toot and wake ya up :stuck_out_tongue:

You won’t see me, too far south, plus I’m not back in work till Thursday, I’ve been off 2 and a half weeks. :wink:

Well for some reason they didn’t put it on last night (Sunday night) so it looks like there’s been a snag, and it’ll probably be going on again next weekend instead. They did get the main cross element in place on Saturday night though.

Nice bit of steel work up there now biffo.
Just wish the cars would get in there lanes early as its a pain when they get to 100 yrds off the m55 spur in lane 1 and do the dive for lane 3…

The real Biffo:
Well for some reason they didn’t put it on last night (Sunday night) so it looks like there’s been a snag, and it’ll probably be going on again next weekend instead. They did get the main cross element in place on Saturday night though.

Is it gonna be closed tonight northbound? I’ll be coming past Preston junction just after midnight.

Don’t think so, but don’t quote me on that. When on Sunday night I asked if it was going on (as it was getting well past the time they would normally put this closure on) I was told by the MAC (Managing Agency Contractor) that it wasn’t going on, but it would probably be next weekend now. If I find out anything further I’ll let you guys know.

The new sign say’s the 12th,I thought it said two nights but will see tonight to be sure.

Boss Hogg…the closure is too far South or you are I wonder?

I’m in ■■■■■■■■ so it is too far south for me. :wink:

Don’t you worry shag I’ll still wake ya up when I come by :grimacing:

I doubt it, I’m a very sound sleeper! :laughing: