J&R Adams Newcastle

Hi Dean, IIRC The late Jimmy Ruff AKA Ruffy drove this Crusader from new, Adams ran several of these all powered with a Rolls Royce 290 engine, They performed very well as I was told by the lads that drove them running down to South Wales on a regular basis, Also hauling steel out of Scunthorpe, Thanks for posting this, Regards Larry.

Couple of shots. Not sure when they were taken but it was in the Felliing area

Tyneside

Adams 2.jpg

Adams 1a.jpg

one of jakie’s heading southbound A1

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Dean, IIRC The late Jimmy Ruff AKA Ruffy drove this Crusader from new, Adams ran several of these all powered with a Rolls Royce 290 engine, They performed very well as I was told by the lads that drove them running down to South Wales on a regular basis, Also hauling steel out of Scunthorpe, Thanks for posting this, Regards Larry.

Heres another one Larry from the same batch. :wink:

NMP

Hi Dean, The driver of this Adams Leyland Roadtrain Is A long service lad called Laurence, IIRC he worked for the Adams,s for about 40 years, Her is still about but spends his days playing golf, & why not Like myself he is getting on in old age, I choose to have a few beers during the week, Then have several single Malts just to help me sleep : :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

The late Joe Bell (AKA Ginger Joe), He worked for the Adams firm all his life,Even after retiring age, Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Hi Dean, The driver of this Adams Leyland Roadtrain Is A long service lad called Laurence, IIRC he worked for the Adams,s for about 40 years, Her is still about but spends his days playing golf, & why not Like myself he is getting on in old age, I choose to have a few beers during the week, Then have several single Malts just to help me sleep : :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: , Regards Larry.

Heres another one Larry from that batch. :wink:

Tanks for posting these great Adams photos, Regards Larry.

^^^ Great E14 shot Larry ,a real workhorse :smiley: