J&R Adams Newcastle

Long load for Milburngate Site Durham.

Lawrence Dunbar:
Long load for Milburngate Site Durham.[/quote Sorry, It wont send any photos for some daft reason, Saying they are to big, Regards Larry.

Milburn gate site Durham. Regards Larry.
IMG_0837.JPG
IMG_0837.JPG

Milburngate Site.

My Son Nigel drivers this MAN For Adams, He reckons its a good bit of gear, Regards Larry.

Of course IMOO, Jackey Adams allways ran the best of gear, I first new the Adams in the 50s when old Jakey & Young Jimmy was in the hot seat, I was working for Baxters Road Services on the Newcastle Quayside who were hauling local & long distance stuff from Denmark, The Denmark stuff was landed at 17 shed , Baled Danish Bacon, Plus casks of Danish Lurpak Butter.Along with Tuborg Lager, Canned Mussels Etc, There was plenty of work in those good old days, It was all hand ball but the wages were decent for driving, & If one wanted to work over the hours allowed, One could make good few some extra £s. In the old Sky Rocket, Happy Happy Days.Regards Larry.

Lawrence Dunbar
Hi Larry
Just been looking at the post on J R Adams.
Used to see them loading zinc out of Brittania Zinc at Avonmouth when I drove for Faber Prest Steel Distribution, some real characters among them one in particular drove an ERF with ’ Wor Lass ’ on the grill.
The motor was always well turned out and the load was always properly roped and sheeted .
I’ve been been retired for 8 years and the 47 years I was on the road was mostly on ’ the steel ’ hence the user name. Out and about nowadays you don’t see as much under ropes & sheets and if i do and it’s been properly done it’s a pleasure. I think it’s becoming a skill that’s in decline
Regards Mr: Steel

Mrsteel:
Lawrence Dunbar
Hi Larry
Just been looking at the post on J R Adams.
Used to see them loading zinc out of Brittania Zinc at Avonmouth when I drove for Faber Prest Steel Distribution, some real characters among them one in particular drove an ERF with ’ Wor Lass ’ on the grill.
The motor was always well turned out and the load was always properly roped and sheeted .
I’ve been been retired for 8 years and the 47 years I was on the road was mostly on ’ the steel ’ hence the user name. Out and about nowadays you don’t see as much under ropes & sheets and if i do and it’s been properly done it’s a pleasure. I think it’s becoming a skill that’s in decline
Regards Mr: Steel

Hi Mr Steel, Thank you for your comments on The Adams motors, My son Nigel works for them since I retired some years ago, Nigel had his own artic along with me and got a lot of well paid work from J R Adams haulage firm, He has worked for them for over 20 years, , I will post some more photos that Nigel will take in the future, Regards Larry.

This Nigels motor loaded with a 28 tonne steel slab, Regards Larry.

I wonder if this skate boarder is a real Mackem :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: , Mind you he has a good choice of Haulier to hang on to, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Regards Larry.

The latest addition to the Classis J R A dams fine fleet, Regards Larry.

This one was amongst some pics i bought.

NMP.