J. H. Hendersons Alston (Langwathby) GAO171V

Hi all, trying to find some info and pictures of GAO171V ERF B series, operated by Hendersons. I love a bit of history! Be great to here from anyone who drove it and any history on Hendersons. I now own GAO and knowing the history is great! Looking through the service history i can make out it had some parts fitted from RAO970X (still about?) love to know if any other Ex Hendersons trucks still exist?!

Cheers guys

I hope you manage to find some gen on your old Hendy motor,they were a great outfit/family,Bob sure was a character he used to call in on us at Milnthorpe regularly in the 70’s and we used to deal with Tony quite a lot.What happened to one of their long serving drivers Ashley ? now he was a character as well,he was a good pal of our manager Derek Chambers when he drove for Nelsons of Arnside in the 60’s.I always classed Hendy’s alongside D & M Cargill,great old hauliers in their day !! Cheers Bewick.

Next time iam up Alston delivering ill pop in and see a friend i know as he used to a fittter for them.Gaz.

gazzad:
Next time iam up Alston delivering ill pop in and see a friend i know as he used to a fittter for them.Gaz.

This is the only pics I have of a Henderson motor. This has been driven by Jim Davison for many years. ( A real gent) regards Kevmac47.

kevmac47:

gazzad:

This is the only pics I have of a Henderson motor. This has been driven by Jim Davison for many years. ( A real gent) regards Kevmac47.10

That little ERF may have been an Works motor at Sandbach ? Bewick.

Cheers for the pic’s mate, nice to see some old motors. Sounds like they were a decent firm then, still on the look out for some pics of my one in her prime.

Cheers