J.H.Davies Haulage Widnes

Anyone out there got any pics of J.H.Davies wagons or yard or drivers can you please post. Many thanks. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Eddie Heaton:
0Only just seen this thread. Anyone remember this fella?

Mike Lavin.

image.jpg

Not one of Davies’ own motors unfortunately, but a motor belonging to one of their subbies.

This Scania is the last wagon Mike Lavin ran.

The shots with the curtains open were taken at a delivery in South Normanton in November 1998. I’m not sure what the load consisted of exactly, although I think the red stuff up at the front may have been those corner boards that we used to load out of Hawarden.

The one with the curtains closed was taken at another delivery point in Groby, Leicester.

The wagon was badly damaged on the Triumph industrial estate near Liverpool airport, when a young lad driving a forklift truck carrying a 20’ container came flying out of a side road without looking.

The vehicle was repaired, but the incident signalled the end of the road for Mike pretty much, and when the gearbox gave up a few months later, he finally threw in the towel.

Eddie Heaton:
012Not one of Davies’ own motors unfortunately, but a motor belonging to one of their subbies.

This Scania is the last wagon Mike Lavin ran.

The shots with the curtains open were taken at a delivery in South Normanton in November 1998. I’m not sure what the load consisted of exactly, although I think the red stuff up at the front may have been those corner boards that we used to load out of Hawarden.

The one with the curtains closed was taken at another delivery point in Groby, Leicester.

The wagon was badly damaged on the Triumph industrial estate near Liverpool airport, when a young lad driving a forklift truck carrying a 20’ container came flying out of a side road without looking.

The vehicle was repaired, but the incident signalled the end of the road for Mike pretty much, and when the gearbox gave up a few months later, he finally threw in the towel.

Thanks Eddie

newsStralisTractorReverse.jpg

SP_A0227.jpg

309361_4332716322713_2083813675_n.jpg

MVC-016S.jpg

Some pics of my old firm :smiley:

27-04-06_1315.jpg
27-02-06_1608.jpg
27-04-06_1316.jpg
Photo-0071.jpg
SP_A0227.jpgAfew more :smiley:

nice photos bigrig

marcus 22:
nice photos bigrig

DSCF0003.JPG
DSCF0009.JPGTaken at Law Distribution yard when we were bourght out and moved to Haydock :frowning:

Hi bigrig, are davies still going

gunnerheskey:
Hi bigrig, are davies still going

No mate we went bust December 19th 2008 :frowning:

Hi Big rig,
I was going down Foundry lane once a week to DHL, I still do but now use the Mathioson rd entrance but It doesn’t seem like 2 yrs since Davies motors had gone.

Trev_H:
Hi Big rig,
I was going down Foundry lane once a week to DHL, I still do but now use the Mathioson rd entrance but It doesn’t seem like 2 yrs since Davies motors had gone.

It is mate