J A Mackenzie (Salisbury)

Absolutely TERRIFIC. Thanks a million for the pics, would love to see a few more if anyone has them. Cheers.

Jennyjane:
Hi there,

I know a little bit about the J A Mackenzie Haulage fleet and the R500 with Palfinger crane is the most recent addition. There are five trucks in total, a small fleet built up over the past twenty or so years. Jimmy and his drivers keep the truck in tip top condition. I have some pictures (taken when the Scania R500 was added to the fleet) which I’ve attached.

Regards
JW

Hi JW, I lived in Downton for 34 years, moved to Scotland 10 years ago.
My poor old brain can not remember this Co, Looks like a farm site ? is it local to Salisbury ? Harvey

Whenever I’m out and about the roads of Salisbury, I’ll often see some pretty smart and clean trucks in a black and red livery with the above name on them. Not sure how many vehicles there are as I seem to see the same ones, however, they are meticulously turned out with just the ‘right’ amount of chrome. They all appear to have cranes fitted to them (flatbed rigids), but i’ve seen a tidy scania R500 tractor unit with a monster of a Palfinger on the back which happened to be unloading a hot tub (hardly a struggle) by the roadside a week or so ago.

Does anyone know anything about them or if there are pics knocking about on the web? I’ve had a quick look but there doesn’t seem to be any presence on the net apart from phone no. and address.

Would be nice to have a little info and photos - any helpers■■? Cheers.

Hi there,

I know a little bit about the J A Mackenzie Haulage fleet and the R500 with Palfinger crane is the most recent addition. There are five trucks in total, a small fleet built up over the past twenty or so years. Jimmy and his drivers keep the truck in tip top condition. I have some pictures (taken when the Scania R500 was added to the fleet) which I’ve attached.

Regards
JW