J 15 Stoke on Trent.M6. Both directions

What a dangerous slip road this is to join the motorway.
It is too short and not enough road to gain speed to join the F1race track,otherwise known as the Bmw/Audi lanes.
How do Highways Agency get away with this death trap.?
There must be accidents on a daily basis.
If lane one is clear,i automaticly go to lane two as most likely rhere will be a Nissan Micra that will pull out in lane one without looking at 43.9 mph.

I didn’t use it for that reason, joining it with a 201 Gardner at 30 tonnes doing about 20 mph just wasn’t safe so I used the D road instead. I only went Northbound loaded anyway on the M6, even when I was promoted to a 265 Roller I still used the A500.

Pete.

Toby! :sunglasses: designed and built for horse and cart :laughing: once the canal towpath was overrun by nags lad! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Built for a Ford Transcon. :confused:

Aren’t they working on the southbound entry slip road as we speak
worst one i think is heading north and coming off at 15
if you dont slow down before you come off the motorway
you have to brake quite hard before the sharp bend

villa:

imo this is worse, whoever designed it wants shooting.

maga:

villa:

imo this is worse, whoever designed it wants shooting.

When it was designed do you even think people thought we would have the traffic volumes/vehicle speeds etc we have now ?
It doesn’t take much searching to find pictures of people having a picnic in the central res, things move on.

There will soon be complaints that there isn’t enough electric charging points for the number of vehicles coming online.

I also hear in the old days the M56 was known as the white elephant because people thought it wouldn’t be used, You could also say the same now about HS2 procrastinators.

Another 2 options could be drive to the road conditions around it, or just get H&S to shut it :laughing:

Agreed, the southbound entry slip is ridiculously short and you can guarantee that someone will come down the slip at 43mph and expect you to move over despite something being next to you in lane 2. The northbound slip is longer, but because of the ridiculous bend you can’t really get up any speed until you’re running out of slip road.

Am I right in thinking a lady and her 2 kids were killed on the northbound exit slip a few years ago on Christmas Day when they ran up the embankment into the trees? Did the authorities ever get to the bottom of that one?

if you ever come across Tony Jones on your travels you should ask him about that junction northbound !!! :open_mouth:

Hiya…hey can you imagine what that junction was like in the 70,s and 80,s lorries would come
down that hill doing 70mph+ a Bassets 150 gardner powered atki would come round the slip road
with a 60ft trailer doing 30mph. even when the unit had run out of slip road there was the trailer
still half way up the slip road bend. as said who ever designed the junction should be at least named
and shamed. a first class idiot at the highest degree.
John