Iveco turbo special

Im not sure how my Dad got it but I have the models from Maritanas Office - A Red Iveco Tubro Star and a Blue and White Turbo Star with matching Trailer

found this pic on the web of a very rare motor ltd edition of the 190.38 turbo it came as standard with all the chrome and i thought it were a nice photo

Nice pic Carl,Maritana Transport that were based in Felixstowe had one on Anchor Euro Transport to Italy.

There’s a thought,whatever happened to Maritana?
They used to run a lot of big engined Fiat’s,and a White Road Commander if I remember rightly.

a very good truck, apart from the little rust spots,

Nice pic Carl, I did a bit of casual fo a firm in watford called Lea Anto back in the late 80s and as the name implies the owner was Italian, he ran an all fiat/iveco fleet and had the Ford contract to take parts from Daventry to Rome. I dove the 190-30s which pulled really well for the modest horsepower but the stars of the show were the 190-38s which had a 17.2 litre V8 sounded great and went like stink. I have not seen one on the road for years would make a nice change to see one restored instead of the usual 2800,F12 ect.

yeah but problem is all those 190-38s shook themselves to bits within 3 years so restoring one would be near impossible - you’re dead right though they’d catch pigeons, we had a couple off graylease at hull in 1985 while waiting for 2 new 2800s to arrive

by the way i used to do the daventry to pomezia ford parts job in the mid 90s, although it “had” to be double manned by then, friday 1900 for monday 0800 etc :unamused:

R143-500 Wrote

I did a bit of casual for a firm in watford called Lea Anto

Ought to put that in , Old time lorries,companies. Any one else remember them,you didn,t used to do the second hand come antique furniture :wink: did you R143,nearly all to southern Italy & Siccilly (spelling) Did you know Leo the Siccillian fella

Bob.

bobw:
R143-500 Wrote

I did a bit of casual for a firm in watford called Lea Anto

Ought to put that in , Old time lorries,companies. Any one else remember them,you didn,t used to do the second hand come antique furniture :wink: did you R143,nearly all to southern Italy & Siccilly (spelling) Did you know Leo the Siccillian fella

Bob.

No Bob I never did any of the european work. I did the odd day here and there tipping and reloading for the lads who had been away. I did load the antiques on a regular basis and a right pain it was covering everything in blankets handballing it all on whilst blocking off the street as invariably the shop was in the middle of some provincial town.Always suprised me the value of some of the pieces, had one old boy in a shop in Leamington Spa tell me the table I had just loaded was worth £6000and that was 18 years ago it looked like the sort of table you see in the corner at the local tip.

Got a shock then thought photo had been took recently (could be a Strallis by now) Nice Pic though

here is a pic of one of lea anto’s fiats that my dad drove in the 80’s, barry dancer other drivers at time were barney, ■■■■, emmet, bob + others i can’t remember was only 10 at time !
I regularly spent my hols going to rome naples and sicily and cut my teeth shunting those fiats in sunderlands yard in kings langley they were 170- 26 on x plates, then a reg 190 30’s but earlier there were v8’s on the fleet. Hope this is of interest to someone .

R143-500:
but the stars of the show were the 190-38s which had a 17.2 litre V8 sounded great and went like stink. I have not seen one on the road for years would make a nice change to see one restored instead of the usual 2800,F12 ect.

I did a ‘quick’ trip to Spain in a 190-38 demo from our local Ford dealer in (about June) 1986, they said we could have it for 4 days and MUST NOT take it out the country!! I took some ships parts to Santnder and re-loaded onions from Llerida to Liverpool fruit market.

Around 3 1/2 years later I was tipping oranges the week before Xmas at Kilvingtons in Liverpool and there it was, tipping next to me painted (faded) maroon and looking a little tired, the driver was Scotish and had brought his load from a dock somewhere and didn’t do European work. I told him about my trip to Spain in his truck and he said I must be mistaken as he’s driven it from new and denied all possibilitie that it was ever a demonstator?? I’ve still got the photo’s :laughing:

Hell of a truck, pulled like a train, especially compared to the F10 240 I was driving at the time.

Ross.

The first truck I took over the water was a 190-38. Originally registered in Ireland till the subby that was driving it hit a car in France and decided he’d had enough. My boss bought it, rebuilt it, and re-registered it in the UK. Reg number we got was D51 UMB. with square plates it just looked like DUMB :smiley: :blush: :smiley:.

Used to go like stink, no speed limiter, lovely engine noise from the big V8.

The week before my first trip I was driving a Leyland Cheiftain,a Ford Cargo or a Roadtrain for the Royal Mail…steep learning curve :smiley: :wink: