Iveco trucks!!!!

Is it just me?,or are Iveco trucks unreliable ?,my Iveco tector has spent more time OFF the road than on :cry: :cry:
So far(bearing in mind the truck is just 11 months old)it has had…
3 steering boxes,
new clutch,
brake master+slave cylinders,
ball joints,
gear linkages,
3 exhaust brakes,
complete hydrulic overhaul(its a concrete mixer).
My workmates reckon its driver abuse :wink: ,i tell i’ll give them some bloody driver abuse!!!

i have an iveco ,wouldnt change it for the world.far better than the M.A.N i had previous

Have you spoken direct with IVECO as you may find to your surprise
that they may look at the lorry and after some reflection on there
part recompense you with some sort of deal,as every manufacture
does not like haveing a bad name or publicity,

i haven’t had much joy with Iveco on the whole,i’ve just got back from peterbough iveco,been there since 3pm,sat about waiting for them to fit a master+slave cylinder,at 6pm they came in and said “sorry,we couldn’t fit them as the parts we got sent were the wrong ones”
My faith in them is dwindling very fast

smallp then go to the top man and present your case to and tell him in clear oxford english that this is not the way to present a good public
image and what do the shareholders do when they do not get any
dividends because the firm is not tradeing as good as it should.

Get rid :open_mouth:

and get a proper truck! :laughing:

i like em anyone know a turbostar for sale anywhere im thinking of doin one up for shows :laughing:

Discopete:
Get rid :open_mouth:

and get a proper truck! :laughing:

Get a better driver more like!

Never had a good experience with them myself. Had a Stralis on rental not long ago. Kept falling to bits, took it back to rental Co. Fitter did not like them .
His view, can’t get the bits, and when you can, terrible to work on.

I have to admit when I was working as a TM we had a few Iveco’s, And they were a right pain. We had an awful dealer, and if something went wrong then it would take an age to get the parts to get fixed. Even somthing simple like a shock absorber could take over a week. Even a new Eurocargo dumped oil all over the floor within 2 weeks of going on the road. I would never spend my own money on one.

The 7.5 Tonne Eurocargo we’ve got is an '04 reg and its had to go back already as the cab mount bust, harsh breaking and the cab could have popped up :open_mouth:

Apart from that its a great little wagon… except for the broken rad couple of weeks back due to driver error :blush:

Well you know what they say - a bad worker always blames his tools!

The company my dad works for used to be a full Iveco fleet, ever since the days of the old Iveco Turbo, to the Turbostar, Eurotech and Eurostar. The Turbo’s and Turbostars went forever and we always bought second hand, then when Iveco become mainstream with the Eurotech they started leasing new trucks first from Sheffield, then Hull and then when the Immingham dealership opened most came from there. Today however the Iveco’s in the fleet have gone from about 15 to just 4 Stralis’s on lease and 3 old Eurostars that the company owns after buying them after the lease period, the other 12(ish) trucks are now all Mercedes Acrtros’s who seem to have a much better backup service compared to the dreadful one that Iveco offer. I wouldn’t be surprised if after the Stralis’s go back after 3 years, that’ll be it with Iveco and I’m sure there are plenty of other companies who feel the same.

I like 'em, but I’m not running them. Your right. In my opinion they’re unreliable :wink:.

It Vibrates Every Thing Comes Off think there tryin to tell you something

loadshifter:
It Vibrates Every Thing Comes Off think there tryin to tell you something

Oh so true :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: .

my dad had a turbostar in the eighties and he reckoned it went like stink. very low revving but pull a house down. you have to remember what we are comparing it with from the same era :open_mouth:

JB:
my dad had a turbostar in the eighties and he reckoned it went like stink. very low revving but pull a house down. you have to remember what we are comparing it with from the same era :open_mouth:

My dad had an E reg 190:36 engined Turbostar from about 93-95 before getting an L reg 380 engined Eurotech that was crap in comparisson, though a little easier to live in. In those days when my dads company would turn up on Hull docks on a Sunday afternoon the Volvo and Scania drivers would always scoff at the trucks, yet it was always they who were left standing in the dust trail behind the Turbostars that powered ahead with a full load.

I’ve driven a couple of EuroCargo we had on hire from TLS, and they were well naff - bits were always breaking off them and Bramall’s could never get the part in under a fortnight! That said, the engines pulled very well.

I’ve driven a Stralis 430 and broke down on the M25/A127 roundabout. The auto 'box died on it. Iveco came out after an hour or so, and then got it moving eventually. Again, the Stralis pulled well (when it was going!)

The gearbox is not nearly as good as the I-Shift on our Volvo FM12 380s, although we have had the odd problem with those. The difference has been the back-up. Volvo really are very good when you get stuck, or want a part, in my experience.

I think that overall the engines are very good, it’s always electrical problems, or a bit of trim that has fallen off. That is what lets them down.

And why do they have to make the plastics inside feel so cheap? :cry:

italian vehicle eventually corrodes outside