Iveco Stralis "phantom trailer" warnings

To anyone who drives (or has driven) a Stralis:

Does anyone notice that once you have dropped a trailer that the dash occasionally flashes random trailer-related warnings such as indicator bulbs out, ABS/EBS failure etc?

It’s an Iveco it’s to be expected.

Our Daf’s also look like Xmas trees on the dashboard quite frequently with random warning and their is never anything wrong with them when they get plugged into a computer by fitters.

My MAN does that too, drop trailer, pull clear and warning on dash tells me RH trailer indicator fault. Disappears once engine has been switched off though.

Iveco. Don’t like the electrical plugs connecting or disconnecting with the engine running, it pulses one of the ECU. So iveco told us.

Out of three Stralis two have done or do exhibit these phantom trailer warnings. A hard battery disconnect seems to work for a few days. So far have found on the most persistent one that there was a provable problem when connected to a particular trailer caused by worn suzie plugs and sockets. ie wiggle and reported faulty lights stopped working. This vehicle has an after-market earth return sensor gubbins, connected upstream of the suzies, which may be at fault. This vehicle and the other one both have an after market Tracker device fitted. Unplugging this does have an effect on these random warnings.

Since these vehicles are on dealer contract maintenance, I only get to do the most basic 15 minute investigation and report, anything further than eliminating the trailer - if relevant - or perhaps another 15 minutes goes to the dealer when convenient.

If this only happens solo I would try completely unplugging the suzies to see if the fault goes ( although I don’t hold out much hope.) I certainly agree with never dis/connecting electrical suzies with the ignition or lights on.

Godforsaken…

Italian yoghurt pots. Every one I’ve driven over the decades without fail, has flashed a warning light of impending catastrophic doom.

Without fail, every single warning has been un-warranted. When I had one full time, I put my folder over the control panel and drove like that for the whole shift (at night the dashboard even on the lowest setting is like driving with a 150 watt spotlight light shining into your face).

You don’t need banks stupid of fairy lights if you remember the basics which are; smoke, flames, sudden loss of power or very loud noises are all the warnings you’re ever gonna need.