Iveco stralis night heater always coming on

Hi
I have a 07 stralis which even with the warnings etc is generally very good. One problem that I have is every time I start the truck the night heater comes on. I have turned the bed module off loads of times and turned temp to lowest but still in comes on so if I just start whilst outside to check things the heater is running until I remember to turn off. Just wondered if anyone has had this happen and solved it.

Are you getting air additonal heater yellow warning on the dash display?

Hi
No I have no warnings on the dash just the heater always comes on when I start up.

pull the fuse, replace when you require heater working :bulb:

Yes have thought of putting seperate switch on to keep off till want it but was hoping someone may know a fix.

Been speaking to my mate whos done 25yrs as an iveco tech and he’s never come across that problem!! :unamused: His only thought was it was a problem with the bunk module causing it to come on. Might be worth seeing if you can swap one to try and see if it stops?

if you have the heater control(on the dash) turned up between 3/4 and full the night heat will come on when you turn the ignition on, well it does on my 13 plate stralis.
try it with the heater control turned down and see if this stops it, if not it might be a fault with that switch.

wildfire:
if you have the heater control(on the dash) turned up between 3/4 and full the night heat will come on when you turn the ignition on, well it does on my 13 plate stralis.
try it with the heater control turned down and see if this stops it, if not it might be a fault with that switch.

Yes, all the one’s I’ve driven have always done that, good thinking Batman.

If there’s any fault the system can diagnose you would get an air additional heater amber warning and fault code. Most common seems to be a communication failure with the bunk module but you would usually get a fault thrown.

Own Account Driver:

wildfire:

Yes, all the one’s I’ve driven have always done that, good thinking Batman.

If there’s any fault the system can diagnose you would get an air additional heater amber warning and fault code. Most common seems to be a communication failure with the bunk module but you would usually get a fault thrown.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Many thanks for your replies I think I will try an replacement bed mod as there is only an on / off switch on the dash

The heater control Wildfire is referring to isn’t the rocker switch with the shower symbol specially for the night heater. He’s talking about the normal heater knob you twist to demist the windscreen/get heat in the cab while driving. If it’s turned on in the red past a certain point (not very far) the night heater will switch on automatically when you start up.

Make the most of it. It’s an Iveco. Won’t be long before it packs in altogether

Hi all
Thanks for your replies. I tried what wildfire suggested and it sorted it. I did wonder why it happened sometimes and not others. Thanks again