Iveco Stralis headlight

I’ve been lucky to get a start ,as posted here before, only a couple of weeks after passing my class 1 in January, at first night trunking to Fradley Park and back, now I am tramping. I’m sure there is someone who might find this interesting or useful to know… :neutral_face:

I set off last night about 9pm and noticed that the dipped beam on the off side was not working on ‘this weeks’ Stralis. I had scrounged a few spare bulbs just in case to take with me as well as my own skimpy toolbox.
I did a split rest shift and tipped at Southwell at 8 am and then went and reloaded at Hansons bagged yard. By then the 12 hours was up and am parked outside the yard in the estate. Being ‘free to dispose of my time as I choose’, I thought I would try, for relaxation, to fix the headlight as I am tipping in Exeter first thing tomorrow.

Now, everybody I have asked about how to get the headlight unit to hinge out on the Stralis has told me with great confidence that there is a bolt accessible through the hole in the step and needs an extended socket, undo it and swing it out…

That’s why this bulb hasn’t been changed then, the plastic screw that this will release appears to be an adjuster of some sort and does not release the unit.
Having tried with my skimpy tools I managed to extract this :confused:
Looking closer there are to large fat head philips screws top and bottom as you see when it’s open…

This is 57 plate and must have never blown a bulb so wd40 screwdriver and hammer wasn’t working until I fiund in the side locker under all the oily gloves and old hard hats, the original ,virgin ,Iveco tool kit, they know their engineering stuff as it includes the biggest philips screwdriver I’ve seen today and a brand new large hammer

Sorted…

Plate on the right pops off covering hinges

Bulb comes out

Round cover goes back on and

Close it up

And we’ve got dipped and main beam again

I tightened up the mirrors that were waving around and walked to KFC to wash up, great smelly soap, now back here cokking the singapore noodles and chicken (inspired by switchlogic)
Hope this is useful :neutral_face: