Iveco Stralis faults

Out in a 54 plate Stralis 430 this weekend and got intermittent auto box faults

Sometimes no gears at all

Eurotronic warning

6F AND 6E On dashboard

Any info appreciated

Thanks

Oh the old eurotronic warning,Used to drive a 54 plate strallis and this was quite common ,the whole fleet went down one by one with this problem. Sometimes ignition off and back on sorted it but if my memory serves me right it was a turbo problem.

Mind you the dashboard in these used to flash up with all sorts randomly nearly every day.lights,dials everything would turn off by itself then come back on all whilst driving
Does it ever lose power while driving? Ours used to conk out going uphill

Its always been a bit gutless, its not my regular ride, just a part timer for a race team, Stuck at Magny Cours till Sunday ban finishes, then hoping to get it 350km back to base.

Just moved in padock and only got semi auto, that might have to do

Thanx for your input

Used to drive mine mainly in semi,much better than in auto

6E is a CAN bus wiring fault so may just be a loose wire. With fault active you can’t select any gear other than what it is in so would think it is a loose/broken wire rather than a duff sensor if you can restart and it’s resetting and you can still get different gears. With the fault active communication between the ECU and gearbox is effectively cut.

Can’t find an Iveco 6F code for Astronic.

Have to be careful though as either low electrical voltage or air pressure can throw all sorts of spurious. Hard battery reset is always worth a shout as well.

SteveWalsh:
Out in a 54 plate Stralis 430 this weekend and got intermittent auto box faults

Sometimes no gears at all

Eurotronic warning

6F AND 6E On dashboard

Any info appreciated

Thanks

I’ve driven a 26-tonne Stralis rigid and the auto function did not work at all. I had to use it in semi mode. Looks like a common fault.

The same faults over and over, multiple dash warnings and beeps where every thing electrical has ‘failed’ only to have everything start to work again and warning lights go off one by one.

Jumps out of gear although the display says that a gear is engaged, select neutral, big crunching sound from the box and away you go again.

Water noise gurgling away behind the dash in the heater matrix, then it dumps 2 pints of coolant out of the overflow by the step. Top it up later, and all is well for a few weeks till it does it again.Another fault that our local dealership cannot rectify!

Leaking door seals, an old Iveco favourite which I am convinced they ‘build in’ just to make you feel at home in any Iveco.

The longest delay ever in the drive train between applying throttle and actually moving…great for pulling out on other vehicles on roundabouts.

Door mirrors that intrude through the side windows and shower you with glass if one gets knocked by a even a small branch sticking out of a hedgerow or by brushing against said hedge on a tight road…always good for a visit to A&E to have glass removed from yer eye!

Thanks for your replys, as long as it will select something, it will do. According to our team owner its going, and will be replaced… Bout bloody time.

Tried clearing all its faults, had batts off this morn but still get fault 6f and 6e

Might be a long night

I can give you more info on diagnosing with a multimeter if it’s the actuator but it won’t help really to get you going.

Thanks for the offer, but if I can get this back to base tonight, it will be down to a dealer to sort it, then its being replaced. Team owner says we are hiring a tractor unit for our next outing in 10 days, to give us time to sort thing out without rushing in to more problems

Time for some food and ready to roll for 10pm…

After checking everything I could see yesterday and clearing faults. All 350 km overnight and not a problem…Until
selected reverse at yard and eurotronics warning 6c pops up, then cleared and all ok

Iveco Turd

Thanx for all comments.

Bedtime now

6c is range selector.

I would suspect faulty gear lever unit in cab but check the connector underneath hasn’t worked loose from the unit rotating it all unscrews/bolts easily.

Could still be CAN wiring problem to the box or a problem inside the transmission actuator itself though.

Thanks for that, back in work Monday or tues to prepare for next trip, hope its sorted before I get there, we may be hiring a unit for next run but things change on a daily basis. For all its faults it is quite nice to drive. Its a bit gutless considering we dont carry much weight, cabs a bit small for when we double drive it but we have hotels for night time. Boss man also like the 13mpg we get…!!!

I will check the lever connections if still having probs

Thanx for your advice

Steve

We had a hired 2010 Iveco Stralis for a couple of weeks while my regular Daf CF was away being mended. First time I drove it I went to Stoke on Trent. When I came to restart after my first drop, the dash flashed up a “battery not charging” and “righthand front indicator” failure. Checked the indicators - all working. Switched off, started up again - same faults reported. Then it flashed up a LH dipped beam failure, then a RH dipped beam failure. Then the same for tail lights. All appeared working correctly, so I gingerly drove off. All appeared OK (although dash lit up like a christmas tree with faults). Joined the A50 and was overtaken by another truck. Flashed him in and - RH main beam fault, then LH main beam. Eventually it claimed to have pretty much a full set of non-functioning lamps. I stopped at Stafford Services and checked the lights - all working fine. I had a little play with the tail lift with and without engine running and it appeared to lift a tad quicker with engine running, from which I deduced that the battery was probably charging OK.

Switching off and restarting didn’t appear to clear the problems, but after a 45 minute break it appeared to un-knot its own knickers and all the faults miraculously cleared themselves.

I put it down to a case of Italian electrics :slight_smile:

I have also got RH front indicator warning, and washer fluid low warning. Both are false