Iveco stralis cant turn wipers off

Hi all,

On an iveco stralis the wipers turn themselves on and cant be turned off unless the ignition is left off for a while i dont think the horn works while this happens, the driber seems to think it happens more with a heavy load on. Also has an intermittent adblue fault. Help appreciated

Sounds like the front frame computer (FFC)

Had electrical problems with my unit dashboard lit up with front frame computer and rear frame computer not communicating , made it undriveable . Lights doing random things etc ,
Dealer changed something on night heater and night heater remote switch . Was ok for a few days then adblue pump failed and needed replacing none in country 3 days from Madrid for new one . Now we’re back to original fault FFC /RFC :imp:
Been at the dealers for 10 days so far glad I got a demonstrator for the time being , and secondly glad I’m a mere employeee not an owner driver !

Mikey D:
Had electrical problems with my unit dashboard lit up with front frame computer and rear frame computer not communicating , made it undriveable . Lights doing random things etc ,
Dealer changed something on night heater and night heater remote switch . Was ok for a few days then adblue pump failed and needed replacing none in country 3 days from Madrid for new one . Now we’re back to original fault FFC /RFC :imp:
Been at the dealers for 10 days so far glad I got a demonstrator for the time being , and secondly glad I’m a mere employeee not an owner driver !

Just wondering what the issue was in the end? As ours is still playing up

hi we have problems with this previously try disconnect battery and reconnect it this will clear fault
it happens sometimes when the batteries are running down too get them checked out

When I picked it up the guy said they had found corroded wires on a connector for the night heater I think ? It was ok for a while , but has played up twice since once I couldn’t drive it cos the lights did there usuall thick of going haywire wipers not turning off etc , the laptop pugged in and reset . The second time I just carried on driving and it cleared it’s self after 20 mins … personally I think water is getting in somewhere as it seems to happen after /during rain .

Now I have a clunking from the unit when going over bumps and they can’t find the cause :unamused: I can feel it thru the floor ffs :neutral_face:

If I was an o/d I’d never have an iveco :angry: :grimacing:

Mikey D:
When I picked it up the guy said they had found corroded wires on a connector for the night heater I think ? It was ok for a while , but has played up twice since once I couldn’t drive it cos the lights did there usuall thick of going haywire wipers not turning off etc , the laptop pugged in and reset . The second time I just carried on driving and it cleared it’s self after 20 mins … personally I think water is getting in somewhere as it seems to happen after /during rain .

Now I have a clunking from the unit when going over bumps and they can’t find the cause :unamused: I can feel it thru the floor ffs :neutral_face:

If I was an o/d I’d never have an iveco :angry: :grimacing:

The usual cause of strange underfloor noises on them is one or both of the steps out of alignment, they’re clamped on a metal tube and can move/loosen.

The wipers do funny things with low battery voltage but should be ok when the engine is running unless the alternator’s on the blink and that’s causing the battery issue.