Iveco steering

To reverse into our yard form the estate road there is dogleg first to the right into our car parking and then to the left and up a short steep rise and through the gate to the yard which is parallel to the estate road, as you get in the yard dogleg over the same to be parallel to the warehouse.
I as reversing in with Iveco with mid lift steer and triaxle with about 25tonnes.
As the trailer is going up though the gates i am taking off the right lock but the midlift stays whre it is, the lift button will not lift it. Move forward and straighten and try again, same thing but get into yard scrubbing midlift tyre along.
Once in yard all normal and dropped trailer, midlift button contol and steering all fine.
I presume this is the weight pushing down on the fifth wheel, drive axle but has anyone else experienced this and is there a solution?

Might be to do with your angle? Perhaps it locks straight if you get it in a dodgy position. Can you try and lift the axle before you begin the stunt? I had a 58 plate stralis and if I remember correctly, to get the axle up, I pressed two buttons up together?

It was staying with the right lock on the midlift Steve and not coming back straight.
I didn’t try, or know about, both buttons at the same time so that might be the answer, only the up button that lifts and locks it up, this is a 08 Stralis yup.
Without going right back out to the road (at 9hrs 52min) I couldn’t get the weight off it again to try and lift it .

Some tend to go up then come straight back down soon as realise’s you got weight on so could be down to that been while since i was in one .

Might be worth having go with empty as if am reading that correct you seam to be eating the s**t out the tyre’s .

My experience of Stralis is with the non liftable second steering axle so I don’t know for sure, but isn’t there a button, or a way of pushing the normal button that dumps the air from the mid lift regardless of the weight on the axles, for a short time at least?

I was under the impression that all trucks after a certain year had an auto lower on the lift axle if the weight was over the limit for one rear axle.

Most trucks lower the lift axles when you have about 7 tonne on the drive axle. Even twin steers with air dump only released the air for a few seconds