iveco rigid

hi chaps would anyone have an idea what the gross weight would be for a 1996 p plate Iveco with 8 wheel studs, most 6 stud versions are I think 7.5 ton, I realise it might be down rated for 7.5 to beat the lgv license. but I was hoping for about 10 ton gross. any thoughts greatly accepted.

Before anyone gives you an answer. …

WHY ■■?

WHY do you want to know

Can’t you look at the plate?

8 stud wheels are usually fitted in the 10-15 tonne range, but to be 100% you’ll need to look at the plate.

75E15 type thing with 6 studs will be 7.5T, with 8 up to 12T. But current MGW and max design weight will both be on plate in the cab.

nick2008:
Before anyone gives you an answer. …

WHY ■■?

WHY do you want to know

Horsebox?

thanks for posting I am looking at a recovery truck to put my Bedford o type tipper 1953 on the back and suspend my camper on the spec so as to be able to go farther afield to some shows like locomotion in france and maybe Holland and Germany. the Bedford empty only goes about 2.5 ton but the camper will probably be near the 3.5 ton mark. so a recovery truck around the 10 to 12 ton would be better suited. some confusion has arisen over unladen, gross and train weights, but im sure the seller will see it clearly now I have told him which plates to look at.

20120909_182556-1.jpg