Iveco/fiat 50f10

Information wanted on the 50f10…i own a '80 model and wonder how many are still on the road!

Never heard of it,is it a rigid ?

The only Fiat/Iveco’s I remember from that era were the Fiat 170’s and the Magirus 256,which shared the same cab.

OM 50-10 PI348685

OM75 CO381895

Funnily enough I was asked exactly that question last night. It was the first truck I drove to Germany. I think they were marketed under the Fiat, Zeta and Unic brands.

We converted them into caravan transporters and the company who my mum worked for used them on general haulage carrying polystyrene

OM130

Wheel Nut:

OM 50-10 PI348685

i remember them.i worked for kebrell fasteners in darlaston and he had two,
one was a dropside and the other was a walkthrough van that was 88/89
he probably still has them in storage among a few other gems. :wink:

curnock:

Wheel Nut:

OM 50-10 PI348685

i remember them.i worked for kebrell fasteners in darlaston and he had two,
one was a dropside and the other was a walkthrough van that was 88/89
he probably still has them in storage among a few other gems. :wink:

I thought they were a little bit before that time possibly about 1975/6. I remember doing a dealer transfer from Carmichael trucks in Worcester with a walkthrough van not long after I started driving

cant remember what year they were,but it was definately 88/89.
they wer’nt bad little motors really.i will have to pop over and see him
and see if he has a few photos

curnock:
cant remember what year they were,but it was definately 88/89.
they wer’nt bad little motors really.i will have to pop over and see him
and see if he has a few photos

Maybe they built them longer than I realised. I had my head turned by F86 and F88 Volvos :laughing:

The OM 75 Fiats were an ideal truck for the caravan transporter. All we had to do was keep them under 3 tons which was quite easy because things like winches ramps and spare wheels could be removed from the initial weighing for the ministry They would hardly pull the skin off a rice pudding though with a big static van or 2 tourers and towing another. So some customers specified the 130 for this job.

We stretched the chassis to maximum, 36’ 1’’ I think and then fitted an extending tow bar which came another 9 feet from the ramp

I have an '86 model 79.14 that looks the same as (or very similar to) those. There are photos of it as a bare chassis cab on page 3 (how very appropriate) of the ‘pics of your trucks’ thread.

There is an original Iveco tilt body on it now, there may be a picture or two of it here as well, if not I can post one if you are interested.

Z

these bring back some memories…my dad had an iveco 79.14 with the same cab as the white one above…it was a c-reg…i was with him when he purchased it at bromford auctions…that was the start of my association with trucks as a teenager still at school. :smiley: