Iveco fault codes? Encrypted?

image.jpg

Hi folks, on the on board display on an iveco stralis 420, there is a diagnostic screen like the one pictured -I did a 15 minute Google but couldn’t find how I’d cross reference the numbers to identify faults.
Phoned dealer only to be told by the receptionist- who said there wasn’t a phone in the workshops (yeah right) - that it’s encrypted and only their computer could decipher, the numbers shown are irrelevant.
Is she talking bollards or is she on the money?

Error code DTC 1A FMI 5 DC 030 ACT Y means “You have bought an Iveco” :smiley:

(from another forum):

DTC= Defect Tracking Code
FMI= kind of failure, like shortcut, high voltage, low voltage, signal wrong
OC = occurs, times it happend
ACT= active Y(es) or N(o)

It’s probably a light… since it’s an RFC fault (well, it’s Iveco)

Obviously no one can comment on the phone scenario,but I have never known a reception who can’t forward calls to the workshop.Receptionist was probably playing party line ref fault codes ,no info for free…Where I work we give all info for free

Unless there’s any obvious fault manifesting itself with the truck I would do a hard battery reset to clear it before going near a dealer. It’s a rear frame computer fault so could be blown bulb or something although don’t think 1A is but can’t remember exactly what it is - would expect amber bulb out warnings. I’ve got a feeling the RFC doesn’t do much of any importance other than rear lights brakes and engine are all FFC. FMI 05 is low current or open circuit which would tally with a blown bulb in a rear cluster. If they look ok and no amber warning I’ve got a feeling there’s two bulbs in each sidelight in the rear cluster and it is smart enough to detect a single one going.

Of course she’s talking ■■■■■■■■.

Thanks own account
Thanks Harry :grimacing:
That’s all I could find fly by night-which made me suspect she was full of ■■■■■■
That’s what I thought norb- doesn’t make me wanna go there

dtc 1a reads as number plate. fmi 05 open circut
check there is a 10w bulb in the holder. or 2 5w if you havent got a 10w bulb.

I once had a constant bulb (RFC) warning in a stralis I used to drive. Hire company couldn’t figure it out and gave up with it as all lights were working. I was determined to find out what was causing it, purely because the constant warning was bugging me, and ended up finding it out myself. In each rear light cluster there is a space for a number plate light bulb. But the rear numberplate is only on the n/s of the truck. Someone had put a bulb in the o/s cluster and the computer obviously wasn’t programmed to recognise this and threw up a bulb fault warning. Removed the bulb and fault was cured. Was quite proud of myself for figuring it out.[emoji3]