Iveco Eurostar

I have always wondered why UK Eurostars always had the higher space cabs with the window on one side but pretty much every Eurostar from European countries had the lower Eurotech like cab top. Any ideas? Seems strange we’d have the bigger cabs when the UK generally seems to have more crappy fleet spec trucks as standard, at least in times gone by such as when the Eurostar was in production.

And this is keeping you up at this hour?

You do need to get out more :wink:

Possibly it has something to do with the (undeserved) poor reputation of IVECO, to compete with the big three, they had to offer a little bit more, in Europe they never had the same problems, IVECO was made up of French, Italian and German comapnies, so had a bit of loyalty in those countries :wink:

newmercman:
And this is keeping you up at this hour?

You do need to get out more :wink:

Haha…well I am getting out actually…on the plane tomorrow to Heathrow. Just finishing off my packing now. I go home to England every year for Christmas and I’ll probably stay a few months as my job here goes dead in Jan and Feb and the company are more than happy for me to have the time off and I dont really wanna be struggling for miles and battling against snow and ice at the same time.

Have a safe trip :wink:

I never noticed Eurostars with different hight roofs, I always assumed that they were standard :blush:

I’m not sure about the UK generally having worse-spec trucks, I travel a bit in France and I’m always surprised by the number of low-roofed Volvo FH’s - something you very rarely see in the UK

plannerman:
I never noticed Eurostars with different hight roofs, I always assumed that they were standard :blush:

I’m not sure about the UK generally having worse-spec trucks, I travel a bit in France and I’m always surprised by the number of low-roofed Volvo FH’s - something you very rarely see in the UK

The UK ones all had a considerably higher space cab, could never understand why and I’ve just been looking at a forum with a load of Eurostar pics so I thought I’d ask the question.

newmercman:
Have a safe trip :wink:

And you have a safe winter, merry christmas! or ‘happy holidays’ as they say here.

:blush:

the bottom Eurostar^^^, i used to deliver the roof spoilers and side fairing kits to Iveco in Ulm, they were made in Diss Norfolk. Lovely job it was, full tilt load, hardly any weight, tip out of one side at the factory.

The stralis always had a low roof as well then they brought out the high “alto” roof as was on the eurostar

are they not two different models, the high cab being the erurostar and the lowly eurotech?

green456:
are they not two different models, the high cab being the erurostar and the lowly eurotech?

No, the Star had a full width cab, the Tech had the narrower version :wink:

green456:

No, the Eurostar had a full width cab. The Eurotech cab was distinctively narrower than it’s high roof section. IIRC they had different grills too. :question:

billybigrig:

green456:

No, the Eurostar had a full width cab. The Eurotech cab was distinctively narrower than it’s high roof section. IIRC they had different grills too. :question:

Yes your quite rite the eurotech had the narrower cab with the flat dash , however the eurostars were fitted with the eurotech highroof as an option aswell as the higher one with the square window in the end its bit like volvos with the globtrotter and globtrotter xl.Persanly it wudnt matter to me what roof it had on it any truck made by frogs it is n spanyards is gona be substandard look at the mes in europe at the mo germany is the only stabble country thats y i drive a germanic moter!

and are you drinking germanic beer ?

IVECO have a huge factory in Ulm, which was in Germany the last time I went there :open_mouth:

newmercman:
IVECO have a huge factory in Ulm, which was in Germany the last time I went there :open_mouth:

O well geography has neva been my strong point.Thank god for the sat navy in my u boat otherwise id nva get where im supposed to be delivering least i no it wont break down either

IVECO is a truck I have not taken much notice of,dont do anything for me they might be good for all I know.

monarch of the highway:

newmercman:

O well geography has neva been my strong point.Thank god for the sat navy in my u boat otherwise id nva get where im supposed to be delivering least i no it wont break down either

U boat? Normally refers to a Merc, (yet never a MAN, wonder why that is?) but you have a pic of a Daf as your avatar, Daf are from Holland, is that geography letting you down again? :laughing:

newmercman:

monarch of the highway:

newmercman:

U boat? Normally refers to a Merc, (yet never a MAN, wonder why that is?) but you have a pic of a Daf as your avatar, Daf are from Holland, is that geography letting you down again? :laughing:

Used to own the daf until a year ago gt fed up with seeing fitters spanners n pits so sold it to some mug and bought me self a 460 mega most sensible thing iv eva done apart from gettin divorced! As for avatar not to good act technology either so havnt worked out how to change it