iveco eco mode

Just got into a 65 plate iveco and it seems to be in “eco” mode. Won’t kick down the gears and won’t go above 85kph!!!

Does anybody know how or if you can get it out of this horrendous mode■■?

Many thanks

Cancel the request!! I have found it, just need to find a key!!!

You can’t leave us in suspenders like this, what did you do please and is it a permanent fix or, like stopstart ■■■■■■■■ on modern cars, is it default on and do you have to switch it off every time you start…in which case i’m going to be idling more than ever when my (not Iveco, but some other modern crap full of the same pointless electronic crap) current steed gets replaced in two years time.

As it turns out, it can indeed be turned on or off as required!!!

After driving in this horrendous mode for about an hour, I decided to pull into an MSA and consult the manual!!

The way that it works is;

Where the passenger “glove box” is, just under there is a flap. Under said flap is a cigarette lighter type socket, diagnostics socket, air duster line connector and a key operated switch.

It is this switch that operates eco mode on / off. After then finding this I managed to find the keys and “disable” the eco mode.

Questions from my colleagues that followed were; why not simply just put a button operated switch on the dash!■■

Simple answer is, if your TM / boss wants to be tight and try and save fuel then he can get a minion to go round the fleet, turn on all the eco modes and then keep the keys which then forces you to go no faster than 85KPH and have zero function of the kick down switch!!!

Luckily the keys were in the unit!!! So a quick change of switch position then allowed me full power with kick down facility allowing me to then go past and stay ahead of the irritating culina driver that I got stuck behind due to the lack of power, and also feeling embarrassed by!!!

Sorry for the essay but hope this answers any questions!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks mate, handy to know.

consults ebay for skeleton keys… :smiling_imp:

Ivecos Oh my god!

Claretmac:
As it turns out, it can indeed be turned on or off as required!!!

After driving in this horrendous mode for about an hour, I decided to pull into an MSA and consult the manual!!

The way that it works is;

Where the passenger “glove box” is, just under there is a flap. Under said flap is a cigarette lighter type socket, diagnostics socket, air duster line connector and a key operated switch.

It is this switch that operates eco mode on / off. After then finding this I managed to find the keys and “disable” the eco mode.

Questions from my colleagues that followed were; why not simply just put a button operated switch on the dash!■■

Simple answer is, if your TM / boss wants to be tight and try and save fuel then he can get a minion to go round the fleet, turn on all the eco modes and then keep the keys which then forces you to go no faster than 85KPH and have zero function of the kick down switch!!!

Luckily the keys were in the unit!!! So a quick change of switch position then allowed me full power with kick down facility allowing me to then go past and stay ahead of the irritating culina driver that I got stuck behind due to the lack of power, and also feeling embarrassed by!!!

Sorry for the essay but hope this answers any questions!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Was the key on the key ring or is there some where for it in the vehicle, I’ve been looking everywhere for one of these (keys) do you think they are all the same or specific to each vehicle ? I searched fleabay but can’t find anything.

If you shift into eco mode…

You’ll feel absolutely no discernible difference from full power whatsoever.

bring back the turbostar…beast!

Hmm, i wonder, just in case yer understand :unamused: , if Daf’s have one of these key operated switches anywhere.

With Daf’s its not that they are stuck in Eco, its just they revert to eco after about 30 seconds of either manual or normal auto, i know from what another driver here has kindly told me that the dealer can program this revert to eco feature out, but that isn’t going to be an option where i work, got more chance of ■■■■■■■ in the queens handbag.
Eco doesn’t save fuel by the way, our eco Daf’s are using more than any other make, probably because they lose speed so quickly on hills at 44 ton that you’re constantly under power in lower gears trying not to be rammed up the arse by other lorries who probably think you are breaking down, yes a mental breakdown is on the cards :imp:

if they are that bad , should we refuse to drive them on the grounds of " a danger to other road users " ■■?

Trukkertone:
if they are that bad , should we refuse to drive them on the grounds of " a danger to other road users " ■■?

An interesting point.

In a previous life our prime movers came with an aftermarket mid lift axle which the driver had no input over, this caused severe traction problems on affected car transporters.
No one was interested in our complaints until we at our depot wrote a letter to the depot manager which he passed up the line, signed by about half a dozen of us, highlighting the dangers of accident at junctions etc, that caused a reaction we hadn’t expected and within weeks the affected vehicles had been retro fitted with dump valves allowing the normal weight transfer that any proper tag/mid lift has…the only makers OE mid lift i’ve ever driven with no ability to dump air was ironically on a previous model Stralis, but on that well thought out model you had to tilt the cab to add engine oil (which it drank like a fish), a poor design in many ways.

Food for thought here, we can moan about this till the cows come home, but it would be interesting to see the reaction to such a letter at a so called blue chip outfit over this, and it is a real, problem.
If i end up with such a device as this default to eco ■■■■■■■■ coupled with the power of a Morris Minor when i get me next new one i can already feel such a letter forming in me head :sunglasses: