iveco cb

Can anyone help ! The cb reception in my iveco stralis is dreadful it was previously a good rig so it must be the truck any advice! (Apart from get rid of the truck).

Where have you mounted the aerial too?

Am I right in thinking an iveco is a fibre glass cab? If so you’re gonna have problems with earthing the aerial! I suggest run an earth cable from back of cb attached to co ax and attach to aerial mount somewhere.

Mounted Ariel on side of fibre glass cab with earth to cab chassis but had to disconnect the earth as static couldn’t be squelched out!!

Hhmm someone I know had an ERF and he ran an earth lead to battery, that worked for him!

We used to run 4000 cabbed fodens and just had ground planes but this interference seems to be more electronic but I will try running a wire straight from the battery to cut out the dropper etc.

gickniff:
We used to run 4000 cabbed fodens…

Thats a fair few!!! :open_mouth:

gickniff:
We used to run 4000 cabbed fodens and just had ground planes but this interference seems to be more electronic but I will try running a wire straight from the battery to cut out the dropper etc.

The Stralis cab is the same as the old Eurotech,Star. On the Eurotech I had I had a separate dropper cause the Iveco one caused interference.I kept the radio on the standard dropper and the cb on a separate dropper, problem solved :smiley: :smiley: