Iveco - activate exhaust brake?

Hi everyone,

A bit of an update from me, and a question…

As some of you may recall, I was doing some Co-op work using 18T DAF’s a few months ago, and enjoying it very much! Well, since Christmas the agency work has dried up, and I was forced to look elsewhere for jobs. I did my HIAB ticket in January, and my ADR in February, then went looking for a good job. I accepted a job with MKM Builder’s Merchants, and I’m now driving a 26T Iveco with HIAB and rear wheel steer, the truck is about a year old, and has the LCD/Computer display between rev counter & speedo, etc

My question - How do you activate the Exhaust brake? I’ve searched for a ‘Driver manual’ and drawn a blank this evening… Anyone have a link to the Driver Manual, or can tell me how to activate the exhaust brake, please? For info, the truck is an auto - maybe there is no EB?

Cheers guys, I know one of you will have a ready answer that make me say ‘Doh!’

Steeps

Isnt there a 2 way switch on the dash? If you press the top bit the exhaust brake comes on automatically?

I don’t drive rigids but on the artics its the right hand stalk, pull it back towards you. There are 2 positions. If not then look on the dashboard for a switch with a picture of a boot on a pedal, turn that on.

Truckbling:
on the artics its the right hand stalk, pull it back towards you. There are 2 positions.

I have driven a rigid IVECO and I agree with this, pull the right hand stalk towards you (you have to shift your position to see the symbol on the stalk!).

Depends on the age of the truck I think.

The earlier ones, with the thin mirror arms, have a 3 position switch above the window switches. In the centre position you have no exhaust brake, push the top of the switch and the exhaust brake comes on when you lift off the accelerator, push the bottom of the switch and the exhaust brake is activated by the first inch of travel on the brake pedal.

The later trucks, with the bulkier mirror assemblies have the exhaust brake on the RH stalk IIRC. I’m not sure which way you activate it although pulling it toward you would be the obvious choice.

Cheers
Neilf

All the Iveco autos I’ve drove had it on the RH stalk- move downward one click for it to activate with brake pedal and two clicks for it to be on all the time.

Thanks for the replies - it turns out it is a switch on the dash! I was delving into the menu on the LCD computer expecting to find it in there, and never thought it might be as simple as a switch, Doh! Every day is a learning day.

The stalk switch on the right does gear up/down when you lift or press it, and it has some function when you pull it backwards, but not sure what as yet - will have a good look tomorrow if I get a few minutes to play.

Cheers,
Steeps