IVECO...a question

A quick question, is it correct that the name IVECO is in fact an acronym?

If so, what do the intials I-V-E-C-O stand for?

Cheers all, :wink:

Edit… amusing answers are welcome along with the actual correct definition!! :laughing: :wink:

It Vibrates, Everything Comes Off

Industrial Vehicle Corporation

I trust this clarifies matters.

Fiat
Ferrari
Lancia
Saviem
Alfa Romeo
Magirus
Pegaso
Seddon Atkinson
Irisbus

All have belonged to the Fiat group, of which Iveco is also part of it, at some time or other.

Ken.

Coffeeholic:
I trust this clarifies matters.

Sure does, thankyou.

Iveco fan here.

when we were on salary,id always pick the spot hire one,every one else thought i was mad,but they always flew,other than warnings every 5 mins and that god awfull RED deck chair matl id be quite happy to have one now

The newer Stralis’s are actually decent vehicles to drive, no idea if they’ll last any longer before falling apart though.

tachograph:
The newer Stralis’s are actually decent vehicles to drive, no idea if they’ll last any longer before falling apart though.

never had one fall apart to be honest[had one full time for 2 yrs],no worse build quality than m.a.n i m.h.o,it was just the fact until you got used to all the warning you thought youd struggle to get out the yard ,never mind to drop and back,i got used to it,used to leave boss list of warnings each night that came up,in the end he thought i was taking the ■■■■,so came with me,he told me to turn round 30 mile into journey as he didnt think wed get much further with warning going off,i assured him wed be fine,we were,i think main fault was main frame computer[something like that anyway]

Awhile back I used to run three Iveco Daily vans, standing in the warehouse watching them you could see the rust forming, cannot recall what I called them but it weren’t nice :frowning:

Our 2004 hired in Strali lasted about as well as our 2004 fm12’s. One think with the Stralis was they were buggers for saying they had no oil in them when actually they did. Used to spend a lot of time tilting the cab to dip the bleeders.

I’ve been an IVECO fan for years, however in the past few weeks I’ve driven 4 different Stralis/Eurocargo on about 7 days work total and only on ONE of these runs have I managed to do it without a breakdown. Oil leaks, gears deciding not to work (had no reverse all yesterday) dashboards lit up like christmas trees, overheating, the list goes on.

They are all 08 or newer units and generally they feel well built, well thought out and a very nice, swift, drive. If only the ruddy things work.

Rapidly loosing faith in them, might be time for a new avatar!

Scarab:
, gears deciding not to work (had no reverse all yesterday)

Funny you should say that, mines beens not wanted to go in to reserve all that well lately, find myself half way across the road sitting there with it not going in. Keep thinking it was me but maybe not, dont know if i’m brave enough to hand in a VC40 with a gearbox fault on it, cant see it being cheap :open_mouth: .

Sorry this isnt Iveco related but …

LEXUS apperently means Luxuary Export United States

Thought id share that useless nugget of info :slight_smile: