I've managed to land a job in the North East

Working for Exel at their Stockton RDC,delivering to Safeways and Morrissons stores.Just thought i’d let you all know,as quite a few of you on this site have been very helpful,including Westie (cheers) .I had an interview and an assesment drive last Friday,which I got through thankfully.I will let you know how I get on.I start the job on the 5th September,and a day in the classroom,before getting out on the road.

The nice lady at the interview and the driving assessor have told me that everyone was happy working under Safeway’s banner,but Morrissons have come in and extracted the urine with their work practices and want to do everything different to the way they ran the site before.I’ve got to work every weekend,but at the moment they are talking about starting a 14 week rota,whereby you get two full weekends in 14 off.Better than nothing,I suppose.

I just hope they don’t get rid of the Scania’s,Volvo’s and Merc Axors later on in favour of the day cab Fodens which are run by other Morrissons sites!!Only time will tell.Bye for now.

Glenn,

Well done on the job Glenn :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im in there tomorrow night delivering for british bakerys good luck with it.

Well done Glenn, hope it all goes well for you.

:smiley:

Glenn:
I’ve got to work every weekend,but at the moment they are talking about starting a 14 week rota,whereby you get two full weekends in 14 off.

What’s the annual for this shift pattern :question: . I’d be expecting close to 30k+ per year for having to work EVERY weekend in the year except 3x Saturday’s and 3x Sunday’s. :open_mouth:

Good luck with it :stuck_out_tongue: .

Robk wrote:

What’s the annual for this shift pattern . I’d be expecting close to 30k+ per year for having to work EVERY weekend in the year except 3x Saturday’s and 3x Sunday’s.

Good luck with it .
Cheers folks.Well Rob,as you probably well know,the Yorkshire area pays a lot more than the Teesside area,but I don’t think this is too bad.Its 48 hours guaranteed a week,and for this you get the princely sum of £389 before tax.Overtime is payed at just over a tenner an hour.The annual pay works out basic around £20 k a year.Not great,but for Teesside,I think this is a half decent wage.

High Glenn,

Glad you got yourself sorted. Sounds like the job I am after but don’t think I would like to work every weekend. Just packed my job in, got a gammy elbow so chaufering! work is all I can do. So let me know how the job goes and I might follow you.

Westie

Well donje on the job Glenn :sunglasses: :slight_smile:

Well done Glen i would not worry about getting a foden it will be an ERF with a twin splitter :laughing: :laughing: now that would be funny to watch

westie:
High Glenn,

Sounds like the job I am after but don’t think I would like to work every weekend. Just packed my job in, got a gammy elbow so chaufering! work is all I can do.
Westie

make your mind up you were creaming yourself last week cos you got on the european side of it :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Jessies dad, you are correct but if you knew what has gone on this week you would understand. Dont be so critical until you know the facts

Westie

westie:
Jessies dad, you are correct but if you knew what has gone on this week you would understand. Dont be so critical until you know the facts

Westie

go on explain all

Jessica’s dad you have a PM