Ive got a new job

I’ve been offered a job tramping for reed boardall in boroughbridge. I’ve never done fridge work before so any helpful advice would be welcome.
Does anyone else work for them?

dont freeze chilled produce… :blush:

gogzy:

speaks the voice of experience??

My mate works for them… Nice wagons!

congrats on the new job

fridge work is a piece of ■■■■ :laughing: open the back doors and goto sleep :laughing:

frozen says it all really usually -25

chilled will probably tell you on the paperwork what temp it is but if your unsure ask,some want the fridge running whilst its being loaded some dont its anything between 0-14 degrees

if you tip chilled and goto a loading point which you know is a frozen load whack the fridge on before you set off as otherwise some places wont touch it until its frozen down,like wise the other way round

best of luck with it and im sure i will see you in some rdc at some point :slight_smile:

forgot to add if you got ice cream on you have to run it on constant otherwise it could get refused same goes for green veg like brocolli etc

oh and you will have to get used to if you park in a truckstop and seeing the scowling faces of the other truckers who think its gonna be banging its guts out all night and cant wait to come over to ■■■■■■ moan :slight_smile: even though its switched off :slight_smile:

Don’t plan on getting any sleep also whilst fridge/freezer is running!

When i load frozen going from produce at plus 3 i have it running whilst being loaded at -25, bearing in mind this was in Grimsby i got all the way back to our depot, with an 50min break and it only just got down to -25

philmots:

why■■? i sleep like a baby when mines going :wink: :smiley:

garnerlives:

gogzy:

speaks the voice of experience??

emmmmmm…yes :blush:

From what i have heard on the “grapevine” of R.B. you wil get training … this depends on how much (if any) experience you have of fridges … if in doubt … ASK ASK ASK :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:
Don’t know much of how R.B.operates ( i worked there in the days when it was still Wilson’s) r.i.p. Clifford. … i’ve known Tom. ( Mr Cassels to you. LOL) since he drove for Pickersgill’s in Ripon ! LOL

gogzy:

Errrr yes I agree :blush: :blush:

If you are running a multi-temperature trailer check both condensers are running, and check they are set correctly. C1 is the front C2 the back, or it normally is on a Carrier unit.

If you pick up an empty trailer check the fridge starts AND keeps running otherwise you might drive a long way with a knackered fridge and you’ll look a right idiot when they cant load you :blush: :blush:

Diesel it up before you leave the yard.

Thetaff:

philmots:

why■■? i sleep like a baby when mines going :wink: :smiley:

totally agree

keep a check on the diesel as you dont want to " pull it through"

James Bateman:
Diesel it up before you leave the yard.

nd when you get back

If your parked up with a freezer/chill load you often see the R&B boys un-hooked out of there trailers and forward a few feet… In this weather theres no real need to as the fridge doesnt really come on much when in CYCLE mode, but in the summer/warmer months you should get yourself a airline lock to fit onto your trailer so you can maybe park behind the trailer? Saying that after a whiole you WILL get used to it and prob wont bother un-hooking…

scottishcruiser:
If your parked up with a freezer/chill load you often see the R&B boys un-hooked out of there trailers and forward a few feet… In this weather theres no real need to as the fridge doesnt really come on much when in CYCLE mode, but in the summer/warmer months you should get yourself a airline lock to fit onto your trailer so you can maybe park behind the trailer? Saying that after a whiole you WILL get used to it and prob wont bother un-hooking…

it is really annoying when ur not used to it and the fridge is having a fit about 5 feet behind you.

thats the only thing that worries me, its bad enough when some prat parks next to me with his fridge working but if i’m that prat i can’t even complain!!!

Well done mate when do you start ? you will get us to the when you are a sleep at night it will take a couple of weeks

When I was on fridges I found I could only sleep at home if I left the hoover on next to the bed,otherwise I would wake up in a panic standing on the window ledge groping for the start button!!!

welshphil:
When I was on fridges I found I could only sleep at home if I left the hoover on next to the bed,otherwise I would wake up in a panic standing on the window ledge groping for the start button!!!

:open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I can picture that,